Greek Orzo Pasta Salad
This Greek Orzo Pasta Salad is ready to be your go-to Summer dish for barbecues, potlucks, work lunches or meals at home. It’s super easy to put together and makes a great side dish to anything tasty off the grill or a fresh and portable main dish for lunch. Just 125 calories for a side dish portion or 250 for a main course lunch! You can also easily double or triple the recipe for a larger crowd. The Greek dressing is bright and herb-y, the tomatoes are juicy, the cucumbers add crunch and the Feta and olives are rich and salty. I love orzo (a pasta shaped sort of like rice) and I think it works perfectly in this dish. I can’t wait to make this again for our next backyard barbecue!
Craving even more Mediterranean flavors? Check out my Greek Layer Dip, Mediterranean Pasta in Creamy Feta Sauce, Hummus and Feta Omelet, Mediterranean Chicken Wraps, Chicken Souvlaki Salad, Mediterranean Wonton Cupcakes, Cheesy Spinach Pinwheels and Feta Spread in my Greek recipes category!
Greek Orzo Pasta Salad
Yield: 6 (1/2 cup)* servings
- 4 oz dry whole wheat orzo
- 1/3 cup diced grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup diced cucumbers
- 6 pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 oz crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon yellow mustard
- Cook the orzo in salted water according to package directions and drain. Allow the pasta to cool and then place it in a container in the refrigerator for at least an hour until chilled.
- When the orzo is cool, place it in a mixing or serving bowl and add the tomatoes, cucumbers, olives and Feta and stir together until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano, salt, pepper and mustard and stir together to make a dressing until thoroughly mixed. Pour the dressing over the orzo salad and toss together until pasta salad is well coated with dressing.
MyWW SmartPoints per (1/2 cup) side dish serving:(SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 4 SmartPoints/ Blue: 4 SmartPoints/ Purple: 2 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
3 per (1/2 cup) side dish serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Nutrition Information per (1/2 cup) side dish serving:
125 calories, 15 g carbs, 1 g sugars, 5 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 4 g protein, 2 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
an Emily Bites Original