Mediterranean Chicken Wraps
This may not be the prettiest dish I’ve ever posted, but oh man, is it delicious. There’s a local “dive” restaurant near me that has a wrap with chicken, hummus, Feta and tomatoes and I’ve been meaning to recreate it at home for a while. Between the strong roasted garlic flavor of the hummus, the tangy, salty Feta, the juicy tomatoes and the herb-coated chicken, this wrap is packed with intense Mediterranean flavor. This recipe comes together really quickly, and it’s great because you can make the chicken once and then assemble the wraps as needed for lunches or leftovers. To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
Mediterranean Chicken Wraps
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 lb raw boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 6 low carb high fiber tortillas, (I used La Tortilla Factory’s Smart & Delicious Low Carb, High Fiber)
- 12 tablespoons garlic hummus
- 12 tablespoons crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 large plum tomato, diced
- In a large skillet, bring the oil over medium high heat. Add the garlic, basil, oregano and rosemary and stir into oil. Cook for about a minute until garlic is fragrant. Add the chicken to the pan and stir to coat chicken with the oil and herbs. Cook for 5-7 minutes until chicken is cooked completely through.
- Warm the tortillas slightly in the microwave for a minute or so to make them more pliable. Spread 2 tablespoons of hummus across the center of each tortilla. Divide the chicken strips evenly amongst the tortillas (I weighed my chicken strips after cooking and they were a little over 12 oz total, so each wrap should get about 2 oz of chicken). Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of feta cheese over the chicken on each wrap and then follow with tomato pieces. Fold the ends of the tortilla in and then roll the sides over. Cut in half and serve.
8 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Yum! This looks great!
I hope you love it!
I made this today for lunch since it was my day off and it was DELICIOUS!!! I can’t wait to eat it again tomorrow for lunch!!!
I’m so happy it was a hit, Melissa! 🙂
I made this for dinner tonight. The smell of the chicken cooking is wonderful! I’m going to use this recipe and make ahead chicken for salads I think!
I made this with leftovers rotissary chicken. GREAT lunch!
These look great! its just a shame I can never find the low carb wraps in the uk or i would make these when ever I need food on the road
These were great, but I would add just a little bit of sliced red onion to break up the richness of the hummus and feta and to add a little crunch. Great recipe and super easy to make! 🙂
These look yummy! You could add some fresh spinach leaves and still stay within the Greek theme. Or swap red bell pepper for the tomatoes. Uh oh, I’m making myself hungry. LOL
Thanks for posting!
Made this last night for the wife and kids and it was a hit. Was worried about the Feta cheese making it to pungent for the family who are not fans of this type of cheese so I cut it down to about 1 tablespoons per wrap and it was fine. My son is a meat and potatoes teenager, curled his lip when I told him I was making a wrap but he was very impressed. I took Ryan’s advice and added some union for my wrap (but not the wife and kids) and the crunch improved it. There were two left over that I put in the fridge; I had one for lunch today and it was even better with the flavors melted together. I plan on making these at the beginning of the week and having one for lunch each day. I used regular flour tortillas, burrito size, which added quite a bit of cals but I also cut the feta cheese in half which brought the cals to 390 per wrap.
Can I just say that I LOVE that you have the WWp+ points on your recipes!! Thank you for making my life easier! LOL I cant wait to try this one!! 🙂
Another GREAT recipe!!! we loved it, very filling and high protein with the chicken, hummus, and feta. I added a little romaine lettuce for some crunch. Very satisfying.
I’m so excited to try these tonight! I love greek food..especially feta! My husband found some low fat feta at the store. I hope it’s as good as the normal kind.
Wow, this was really really good, but I did change the recipe a bit. I used Ole Xtreme Wellness High Fiber/Low Carb tortillas dried rosemary and added diced cucmber, lemon juice and a little lettuce. Everything was so amazing together, the hummus was SUCH a great spread. It also definitely tastes better warmer rather than colder. I’m having this again for lunch!!!
Xtreme Wellness High Fiber/Low Carb tortillas, dried rosemary*
These wraps have really hit the spot with my husband and teenage sons! Perfect “snack” after dinner for teenagers!!
Could your shredded chicken be used instead of the sliced? I like the onion idea and perhaps a black olive or two cut in half. 1 WW smartpoint for four jumbos.