I love Feta. It’s one of my favorite cheeses. If you like it even half as much as I do then you will love this spread. The flavors blend perfectly: tangy Feta, brightened by lemon, with a little heat from jalapenos and a hint of robust garlic flavor. Delicious. I tried this warm, cold and at room temperature and it was tasty each way. I think room temperature is my favorite. I served this with toasted sandwich thins and vegetables for dipping, but I also melted some of the leftover spread over popcorn and that was amazing as well. I listed a serving as a quarter cup, which is a pretty generous serving because with these intense flavors, a little goes a long way. This recipe makes 3 full cups of Feta Spread, so unless you’re serving it at a party you’ll likely have leftovers to experiment with! To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 whole jalapeno peppers
- 2 (8 oz each) bricks of Feta cheese
- Juice from half a lemon
- Zest from half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Chop the top (pointy part) off of the garlic bulb so the cloves are exposed. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of oil into the bulb. Wrap the bulb in aluminum foil and place on the baking sheet. Brush the outsides of the jalapeno peppers with 1-2 teaspoon(s) of oil and set them on the baking sheet. Roast the garlic and jalapenos in the oven together for about 30 minutes, or until the skin on the jalapenos is charred and easily peeled and the garlic is soft and golden brown. Peel the skins off the jalapenos and slice them open to discard the seeds. Chop the peppers and set aside.
- In a large bowl, place the bricks of feta and shred them using a fork. Add the jalapenos, lemon juice and lemon zest. Squeeze the garlic right out of the bulb into the bowl. It will be soft and easy to squeeze/mash out. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and 2 tablespoons of water and mash everything together with a fork. If you’d like your feta to be a little more “wet” for your spread, you can add more water to taste. Add salt & pepper to taste and mix in. Serve or store in the fridge for up to a week.
4 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com) Adapted from How Sweet It Is
That sounds AMAZING! I love feta. And garlic. And jalapenos. Can’t wait to try this!
I live right near the restaurant where the original Crazy Feta comes from (Cava in the DC area), and when I saw the adaptation I got reeeeeeally excited!! The stuff is so.freaking.good. I get it in my salad bowl and skip dressing! nom nom nom
Adie, that’s awesome! I definitely want to go there and try the original next time I’m in DC. You’ll have to try this and let me know how it compares!
Hi Emily. OMG…this looks amazing and I’ve bookmarked. Hope you have a great week!!!
Thanks Roz, I hope you love it. You have a great week too! 🙂
I repinned this…I have a ton of feta stockpiled and have been looking for ways to use it up. Thanks for the tip! 😀
This is perfect for stockpiled feta – hope you love it!
How do you stockpile feta?
It freezes well.
Emily – I love this site. Would you think about adding some salads next? I am always salad girl at Thanksgiving and was here searching for ideas but didn’t see much. Love your casseroles, muffin, cups, and I’ve made the Feta Spread three times. Thanks!!
Thank you so much for sharing….this recipe sounded delicious but after making it and eating it found no words to describe how super fabulous this was . My whole family fell in love with me again .
yummm…!!! it looks awesom!!!
My favorite dish !!!
Thanks.. very easy and simple to make 🙂
Emily…. , what we love most is the recipes of the site and the quality teachings, keep it up!
the directions is so good and easy,,,,,,,,, such a great dish and i love to make it
thanks for shearing
Made this for my mother in law, who is a rather picky eater and she absolutely loved it. I now make it for her once or twice a month. It is so easy to make and incredibly delicious. Thank you for the recipe.