Mediterranean Wonton Cupcakes
At first glance, this Mediterranean Wonton Cupcakes recipe may seem like I just took a bunch of my favorite things out of my fridge and piled them into wonton cups, but I swear this combination was premeditated. I have been on a hummus kick lately and I started thinking a wonton cupcake using Greek flavors would be amazing. I mean, hummus mixed with feta cheese, kalamata olives, spinach, tomatoes, herbs and chicken all baked together in a wonton cup? Tell me that doesn’t sound incredible.
So I tried it, and it is incredible. Nailed it.
As always, these Mediterranean wonton cupcakes are super easy to make and great for a weeknight meal. The leftovers also make perfect lunches. Looking for more wonton cupcake recipes? Try Chicken Parmesan Cupcakes, Taco Cupcakes, Lasagna Cupcakes, French Dip Cupcakes, Enchilada Cupcakes, Hawaiian BBQ Cupcakes, Buffalo Chicken Cupcakes, White Vegetable Lasagna Cupcakes, and Cheeseburger Cupcakes.
If you’re looking for other Mediterranean-inspired recipes using similar ingredients (to use up the leftovers!) you may want to try Mediterranean Pasta in Creamy Feta Sauce, Chicken Souvlaki Salad, Mediterranean Chicken Wraps, Pasta with Feta and Roasted Vegetables, or Spanako-Pasta.
Mediterranean Wonton "Cupcakes"
Yield: 8 cupcakes
- 2/3 cup fresh baby spinach, torn into pieces
- 2 cups diced or shredded cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup garlic hummus
- 8 pitted Kalamata olives, sliced or diced
- 3 grape tomatoes, diced
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- 16 wonton wrappers (typically found in the produce section)
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 375. Lightly mist 8 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the torn spinach leaves in a small skillet over medium-low heat and stir for about 2 minutes until wilted. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the wilted spinach, chicken, hummus, olives (can reserve a few slices to top if desired), tomatoes, oregano and basil. Stir to combine until fully mixed.
- Push a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the eight sprayed cups in the muffin tin. Using about half of the chicken mixture, spoon evenly into the wonton wrappers. Sprinkle about half the feta cheese evenly over the top of each cup. Press another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the layering steps with the remaining chicken mixture and feta cheese.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints:
4 per “cupcake” (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
4 per “cupcake” (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
176 calories, 12 g carbs, 1 g sugars, 7 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 15 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
An Emily Bites Original