Baked Pizza Spaghetti
Weight Watchers calls this recipe “Spaghetti Pizza” but I feel that choice of word order is deceptive because it in no way resembles a pizza in the typical sense. It is, however, very tasty and combines the flavors of pizza and spaghetti (and who doesn’t like those?). The original recipe calls for the addition of ¼ c of basil, but since I didn’t have any on hand when I made this, it’s omitted in my version. I also substituted reduced fat mozzarella and turkey pepperoni for the regular versions which lightened it up a bit more and tasted delicious (I love turkey pepperoni).
One of my co-workers also made this recipe after seeing mine and omitted the pepperoni altogether and also gave hers rave reviews. You could add any of your favorite pizza toppings and this would turn out well.
Baked Pizza Spaghetti
Yield: 10 servings
- 12 oz uncooked whole-wheat spaghetti
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 9 oz shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese, divided
- 32 oz jarred spaghetti sauce
- 2 oz turkey pepperoni, finely julienned
- Preheat oven to 400. Coat a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Break spaghetti into 2-inch pieces and cook according to package directions. When finished, drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat egg whites and egg until frothy. Stir in milk, garlic powder, salt, oregano and 1/3 of mozzarella. Add cooked spaghetti and stir until thoroughly combined. Spread spaghetti mixture evenly in bottom of baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF.
- Spread spaghetti sauce over pasta and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Sprinkle pepperoni evenly over cheese layer.
- Return to oven and bake until cheese is bubbly, about 30 minutes.
MyWW SmartPoints per (1/10th of the recipe) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 9 SmartPoints/ Blue: 9 SmartPoints/ Purple: 6 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
7 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Adapted from weightwatchers.com