Baked Clams Oreganata
After my trip to Florida last week I was in the mood for seafood and I immediately thought of this dish. My mom made this appetizer fairly frequently on holidays when I was growing up. She always served it with crackers (you can spread it) but it tastes just as good on its own. I served it in custard cups but for a fun twist you can also bake it on clam shells. I’m just starting to be more adventurous with seafood, but even when I thought I didn’t like it I still always loved this dish. The bread crumbs and spices and Parmesan topping all blend together with the minced clams to create sort of a clam stuffing. It’s downright delicious. Great for cocktail parties, the first course of a dinner party or just a tasty snack for yourself! To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
Baked Clams Oreganata
- 2 (6.5 oz) cans of minced clams in juice
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Olive Oil cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Combine ½ c of the seasoned bread crumbs with the oregano, garlic powder, dried onion, parsley, salt and pepper. Bring the olive oil to a medium heat in a large skillet and add the bread crumb mixture. Brown bread crumbs in oil. Add clams and juice, remove from heat and stir to combine.
- Split the clam mixture evenly into four small custard cups or ramekins. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 T bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Lightly mist the top layer with olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
156 calories, 17 g carbs, 2 g sugars, 5 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 11 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com) MyWW SmartPoints per (1/4th of the recipe) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com) Green: 4 SmartPoints/ Blue: 3 SmartPoints/ Purple: 3 SmartPoints WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PLUS:
5 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)