Layered Bean Dip with Corn Chips (single serving)
I love layered bean dip. In Buffalo we have a local chain called Mighty Taco, and their layered bean dip is my favorite thing to order. Theirs consists of refried beans, warm cheese sauce, salsa and shredded lettuce and is served with tortilla chips and it rings in at 16 P+ for a single serving. When browsing Pinterest the other day, I came across this photo (so cute!) and it inspired me to create my own single serving of chips and dip using some of the products Wholly Guacamole sent me this past weekend. This Layered Bean Dip with Corn Chips was everything I wanted it to be, and at less than half the points of the Mighty version, even with the addition of guacamole! Plus, it takes less time to make at home than to drive to the drive-thru and back.
I ate this for lunch, but it would also be good as a hearty snack or served as a fun party appetizer. Individual “mini” servings of things always make me happy. The chips were great as well, I definitely recommend using the Mission corn tortillas to make your own. They’re only 1 P+ per tortilla and in just a few minutes, you have warm, crispy corn chips to dip in your layers of rich, hearty beans, warm, gooey queso, juicy, spicy salsa and cool, creamy guacamole. This is my comfort food!
Layered Bean Dip with Corn Chips
Yield: 1 serving
- 2 – 6” Tortillas (I used Mission Extra Thin Yellow Corn Tortillas)
- Cooking Spray
- 1/3 cup fat free refried beans
- 2 tablespoons queso dip or salsa con queso (I used Wholly Guacamole Queso Blanco)
- 2 tablespoons Salsa (I used Wholly Guacamole Medium Salsa)
- 2 tablespoons Guacamole (I used Wholly Guacamole Classic)
- Shredded lettuce
- ¼ of a tomato
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Lightly mist both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray and then sprinkle with your desired amount of salt. Using kitchen shears, cut each tortilla into 6 triangles. Spread triangles across an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 3 minutes, remove from oven and flip each triangle over, return to the oven for an additional 3 minutes. Cooking times may vary, so keep an eye on your chips and feel free to give them another minute if they need it to become crispy.
- While the chips are baking, microwave the beans for one minute or until hot. Microwave the queso until warm as well. In a small drinking glass, layer the dip, beans first, followed by the queso, salsa, guacamole and then the shredded lettuce and tomatoes. Serve with chips!
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints:
6 per serving (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com), a serving was 8 SP on the previous program
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
7 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
298 calories, 37 g carbs, 5 g sugars, 12 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 11 g protein, 10 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
An Emily Bites Original