Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
If you have a P.F. Chang’s nearby, you’ve probably heard wonderful things about their chicken lettuce wraps. Personally, they’re the only dish I order there because they’re my absolute favorite. Needless to say, when I found a recipe claiming to be an almost exact knockoff of the restaurant’s famous dish I was pretty excited to try it. I did make some adjustments, both to make it more authentic (ground chicken instead of diced) and healthier (I used way less oil) and it really did taste very close to the original! Don’t be intimidated by the long list of ingredients, many of them are repeats. It just seemed simpler to separate them by cooking step.
P.F. Chang’s serves their lettuce wraps with a mixture of sauces that appear on every table that you can add to make the dish spicier or more flavorful. I’m not really sure what’s in their mystery combo, but if you’d like to add some heat I suggest adding a bit of Sriracha or chili oil, and if you’d like them to be a little sweet you can add a drizzle of Hoisin (like Asian barbecue) sauce. If you like P.F. Chang’s lettuce wraps you are going to love making your own at home! To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 teaspoons red or sherry wine
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ lbs uncooked extra-lean ground chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced (about 3 cloves minced by hand)
- ½ cup scallions, minced
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, minced
- 1 (8 oz) can of bamboo shoots, drained and minced
- 1 (8 oz) can of water chestnuts, drained and minced
- 1 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red or sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon corn starch
- Iceberg Lettuce leaves, washed and patted dry
- In a medium bowl, combine marinade ingredients and stir until mixed. Add ground chicken to the marinade and stir until chicken is thoroughly coated. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- While chicken is marinating, mix all the ingredients for the sauce until thoroughly combined and set aside.
- When chicken is marinated, heat a tablespoon of the canola oil over medium-high heat in a wok or sauté pan. Add the chicken and cook, breaking up the chicken with a spoon, until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Put the pan back on the burner and heat another tablespoon of oil. Add the ginger, garlic and scallions (this step will smell amazing!) and cook for a minute or two until fragrant. Add the mushrooms, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts. Cook for another 2-4 minutes and then add the chicken back to the pan. Pour the prepared sauce mixture over the top and stir until chicken and vegetables are coated. Cook a few more minutes until heated through and sauce is thickened.
- Serve with lettuce leaves for wrapping.
9 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com) adapted from yumsugar.com