Got dinner plans? Cancel them. You’re going to want to make this Spaghetti Pie instead. Trust me. This is cheesy, meaty, saucy pasta bliss. I love a good meaty tomato sauce and when it’s spooned over a thick, hearty wedge of pasta with four cheeses? I’m in comfort food heaven.
This Spaghetti Pie came together pretty quickly, so it’d make a great weeknight dinner. It makes six large servings and I was really satisfied after eating one. Serve it with a side salad or some veggies for a complete meal. It’s hard to believe all that cheese, meat and pasta can come together for just 380 calories or 9 Green, 9 Blue or 5 Purple Weight Watchers SmartPoints. Your family and friends won’t believe it either. I’m willing to bet that once you’ve made this crowd-pleaser, it’ll be requested again and again!
- 10 oz dry wheat thin spaghetti
- ¾ lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 15 oz can crushed tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 3 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup fat free cottage cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded 2% Mozzarella cheese, divided
- Pre-heat the oven to 400. Lightly mist a deep dish 9” pie plate with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. As soon as spaghetti is done cooking (while it’s still hot), start step 4.
- While the water is boiling for step one, bring a large skillet or saute pan over medium high heat and add the ground beef. Break the beef up with a large spoon or spatula and add the onion, salt and pepper. Cook until beef is browned and onions are cooked (about 5-7 minutes). Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. Stir in the tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, oregano and Italian Seasoning and reduce the heat to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- When the pasta is done cooking, drain it and add the cream cheese cubes back into the empty pot. Cover the cream cheese cubes with the hot pasta and stir/toss to melt the cheese and coat the pasta. Add the cottage cheese, Parmesan and ¼ cup of the Mozzarella and toss until well combined. Add 2 cups of the meat sauce from step 3 and stir to coat. Continue to warm the additional sauce on low on the stove top.
- Transfer the spaghetti mixture from the pot into the pie plate and press it down with a spatula and smooth the top. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of Mozzarella over the top of the spaghetti pie and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until cooked through and cheese is bubbly. Let stand for a few minutes after cooking and cut the pie into 6 even wedges. Serve each wedge with ¼ cup of the meat sauce spooned over the top.
9 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com) Nutrition Information: 380 calories, 45 g carbs, 7 g sugars, 11 g fat, 6 g saturated fat, 30 g protein, 7 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com) adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Café