Pizza Chicken Roulades
It’s great when two foods I love can join together to form an entirely new delicious creation. It’s worked for Buffalo Chicken and Enchiladas, Tacos and Pasta, Cheeseburgers and Pizza, Cheesecake and Popsicles, Chicken Parmesan and Meatloaf, Pumpkin and Macaroni & Cheese, Spaghetti with Meatballs and Soup, and now, Pizza and Breaded Chicken.
These Pizza Chicken Roulades are a great entrée because it’s easy to make and sure to be popular with adults and children alike. Cheese, pepperoni and sauce all wrapped up in a hearty chicken breast and coated with crunchy bread crumbs? Sign me up! It’s even easy to customize. If you’re not a pepperoni fan then feel free to replace it with your own favorite pizza topping. Like things extra saucy? Serve it with some extra pizza sauce for dipping. It’s also simple to double or triple this recipe if you’re serving more than two. To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
Pizza Chicken Roulades
- 2 (6 oz each) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons pizza sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 slices of turkey pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons 2% shredded Mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 3 tablespoons seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board. Using a meat mallet, pound the breasts to a ¼ inch thickness. Spread 2 teaspoons of pizza sauce across the surface of each breast. Top the sauce on each breast with half the Italian seasoning, three pepperoni slices and a tablespoon of the shredded cheese. Starting with a short side, roll each breast up and seal the edges shut using a few toothpicks.
- Place the rolled and sealed breasts in a Ziploc bag and add the flour. Lightly flip the bag around until chicken is coated. Place the beaten egg white in a shallow dish. In a second shallow dish, mix the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Remove each rolled breast from the flour bag and dip it in the egg white, turning to coat. Then move the coated breast to the breadcrumb dish and coat it with crumbs on all sides. Place the completed rolls seam side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Don’t forget to remove the toothpicks before serving!
7 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)