The Best Turkey Chili
This is the best turkey chili recipe – I’m so excited for you all to try it! It’s hearty and meaty with tons of flavor and the perfect amount of kick. The addition of zucchini might get a side eye from chili purists, but trust me, it tastes great in this recipe. You’re going to love it.
My mom got this recipe from her good friend Beth who makes it every year for a get together they have around the holidays. It’s always a huge hit, so my mom made it for us a month or so ago when I was over for dinner and I basically swooned. You can also make it using leaner ground turkey (like 99% lean breast meat), but I often use the 93-94% lean turkey because I think it gives it even more amazing flavor.
This chili is so tasty and filling that you won’t believe a serving is only 278 calories. It also takes minimal prep, freezes great, and tastes just as good (maybe even better) as leftovers the next day. Get ready to make your new favorite chili!
The Best Turkey Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups diced onions, about 3 medium onions
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds 93% lean ground turkey, OR you can use 99% lean ground turkey breast to further reduce the WW SmartPoints
- 2 (28 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 oz) can Italian stewed whole tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 2 (15 oz) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (could also use kidney beans)
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Bring oil over medium heat in a large soup pot. Add the onion, zucchini and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes until softened. Add the ground turkey and continue to cook for another 6-7 minutes, stirring to cook evenly and breaking up the meat until the meat is cooked through.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, beans, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, salt and cilantro and stir to combine. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for about an hour to thicken.
6 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com) Nutrition Information: 278 calories, 28 g carbs, 9 g sugars, 8 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 21 g protein, 7 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com) source: my mom's friend Beth