Chicken Fried Quinoa
You may not find this one on your Chinese takeout menu, but this Chicken Fried Quinoa is every bit as delicious as the more traditional fried rice, and as a bonus, it’s healthier! I really think you could eat this as either a main course or a side dish. If it’s your main course you could serve some tasty stir fried vegetables on the side, and if it’s your side dish, I have some tasty main course ideas for you right here. Either way, this is a super tasty and easy dish that you and your family will love. To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
Chicken Fried Quinoa
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon + 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons + 1/8 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce, divided
- 12 oz shredded or chopped cooked chicken breast, Don't forget to check out my Easy Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken post- the perfect way to make shredded chicken for this recipe!
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- ½ cup carrots, diced very small
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 scallions, diced (the green parts)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- In a wok or large saute pan, bring two teaspoons of the canola oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook for 8-9 minutes, stirring regularly, until the onions are cooked through and browning. Remove the onions to a side plate and remove the wok from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs with 1/8 teaspoon of the sesame oil and 1/8 teaspoon of the soy sauce. Lightly beat the eggs with a fork. Place the wok back over medium heat and add the remaining teaspoon of canola oil. Swirl the pan to coat the bottom. Add the egg mixture and scramble the eggs using a spatula. Remove the eggs to a side plate.
- Pour the remaining tablespoon of sesame oil into the wok and bring to medium heat. Add the cooked chicken, peas, carrots and the cooked onions from step 1 and stir until well mixed. Stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the quinoa, scallions and bean sprouts and mix together. Continue to stir fry for another 3 minutes. Add the scrambled eggs and drizzle the entire mixture with the 3 tablespoons of soy sauce. Mix the soy sauce in to coat and stir fry for another minute.
7 per (1 1/3 cup) main course serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com) Adapted from food.com