I have partnered with Sabra to make this Fiesta Hummus as part of their 2016 Tastemakers Panel. I have been compensated for my time commitment to work with their product, however my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.
Most of you already know I love working with Sabra hummus, so when they asked me to create a hummus topping, I couldn’t wait to invent my own flavor. I think I was craving tacos at the time because the first thing that popped into my head was this Fiesta Hummus and once it was on my mind I could think of nothing else. One of my favorite things about hummus is that it’s perfect for those unofficial meal times, like a pre-dinner snack or a casual gathering with friends. It’s filling, healthy, it’s pairs perfectly with fresh veggies and it’s always a crowd-pleaser.
I had some girlfriends over this past weekend for a girls’ night to show off all the progress we’ve made so far on our new house (which you should already know about if you follow me on Instagram – pics coming soon!), and I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say this Fiesta Hummus went over like gangbusters. As in, we finished the whole thing and everyone asked for the recipe. It was amazing. The taco seasoning pairs perfectly with the flavors in the classic hummus and the fun “fiesta” topping looks beautiful and mixes in perfectly.
When my friends come over, we almost always end up hanging out in the kitchen (is it like that for everyone else?), crowded around the counter, chatting about life and snacking. There’s never a formal meal, it’s always more of a casual hors d’oeuvres feast, or as Sabra has coined it, an #UnofficialMeal. This Fiesta Hummus is perfect for those types of gatherings, because you can make it ahead of time or on the spot since it comes together in just minutes. It’s a great healthy option and judging by my friends’ reactions it’s bound to be very popular. Fiesta Hummus goes great with veggies and also with tortilla chips. Basically, you’re going to want to put it on everything.
I wholeheartedly recommend whipping up some of this Fiesta Hummus for your family or friends to snack on for your next Taco Tuesday, Fiesta Friday or any unofficial mealtime. Once you’ve tried mine, you may even be inspired to come up with your own flavor of Sabra hummus – trust me, it’s fun to experiment! There are endless possibilities. I’d love to see what you come up with, so definitely tag your hummus creations (or mine if you make Fiesta Hummus) with #UnofficialMeal and show us how you get your snack on!
- 1 (10 oz) container of Sabra Classic Hummus
- 1 ¾ teaspoons dry taco seasoning, divided
- ½ teaspoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons black beans, canned, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons frozen corn kernels
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped tomatoes, I used grape tomatoes
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- Stir 1 ½ teaspoons of the taco seasoning into the hummus, making sure it’s well combined. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, bring the canola oil over medium heat. Add the black beans and corn and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the garlic and tomatoes, stir together and cook for another minute. Squeeze the lime wedge over the top and add the remaining ¼ teaspoon of taco seasoning. Stir to coat. Remove from heat. Pile the contents of the skillet onto the center of the taco seasoned hummus. Fiesta hummus can be served right away with the toppings warmed or can be chilled in the refrigerator and served cold or at room temperature.
2 per (3 tablespoon) serving (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below) Nutrition Information per 3 tablespoon serving: 82 calories, 6 g carbs, 0 g sugar, 5 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 2 g protein, 2 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)