I am a big fan of Gina’s Skinny Taste blog, so I wasn’t surprised when these turned out great. I used to think I didn’t like ricotta cheese but it’s growing on me. It’s fun having your own individual personal-sized lasagna roll and they tasted great to boot! One lasagna roll was plenty filling for me, but since I live by myself and it makes 9 rolls I’ll probably wait to make it again when I’m planning to have company. The presentation would be great if you’re having guests since it looks relatively impressive for something pretty simple to make.
Yield: 9 servings
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked (I like the Ronzoni Smart Taste ones)
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 15 oz fat free ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 32 oz pasta sauce
- 9 tablespoons (about 3 oz) shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix together spinach, ricotta, egg, Parmesan, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Spread 1 cup sauce evenly across the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Spread pieces of wax paper out on your counter/table and place the flat cooked (but dry) lasagna noodles on top. Spread 1/3 cup ricotta mixture over each noodle. Roll noodle and place seam side down into the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles. (see below)
- Spoon remaining tomato sauce over the lasagna rolls and top each one with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese (see below). Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints:
7 per serving (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
6 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)