“Stuffins” (Stuffing Muffins)
These are so, so good. Like, really good. Not to mention adorable. Plus they have a cool name. More important than that, the tops are crusty and buttery and the bottoms are moist with sweet bursts of cranberry and crunchy bits of celery. Pretty much everyone loves stuffing and a lot of people name it as their favorite part of their Thanksgiving meal. Some stuffing dishes can be really high in calories and carbs and once you start eating it, it can be hard to stop! These stuffins are great because not only are they delicious, they are pre-portioned. At only 80 calories or 3 Weight Watchers myWW Green, Blue or Purple SmartPoints per stuffin they’d make a great guilt-free addition to your Thanksgiving meal or a super tasty side dish any time of year! To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
- 8 slices light wheat bread, I used Wegmans brand, 40 calories per slice
- 3 tablespoons light butter, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ medium onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 3 oz Craisins, dried sweetened cranberries
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable broth or fat free, low sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Pre-heat the oven to 275. Cut bread into cubes using kitchen shears or a sharp knife. Spread the cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes. Baking the cubes at this low temperature will dry them out without browning or toasting them.
- While the bread cubes are baking, place one tablespoon of the butter into a skillet and bring over medium heat. When the butter is melted add the garlic, celery and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- Fill a medium bowl with water and heat in the microwave for 5 minutes on high. Place dried cranberries into the hot water and let them sit for 10 minutes until they are softened. Drain.
- When the bread cubes are done, set aside and raise the oven temperature to 375. Lightly mist a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in the microwave for 30 seconds or so. Add the celery mixture and the drained cranberries. Add the eggs, broth, parsley, salt, pepper, sage and thyme. Stir together until thoroughly combined. Add the dried bread crumbs and toss until all ingredients are combined and bread cubes are coated.
- Split the mixture evenly between the 12 muffin cups in the prepared tin and lightly press down on them to push all the ingredients together. Bake for 25 minutes or until the tops are browned.
80 calories, 13 g carbs, 5 g sugars, 2 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 3 g protein, 2 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com) MyWW SmartPoints per (1 stuffin) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 3 SmartPoints/ Blue: 3 SmartPoints/ Purple: 3 SmartPoints Weight Watchers Points Plus:
2 per stuffin (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)