Skinny Spinach & Artichoke Chicken
Oh my. This Skinny Spinach & Artichoke Chicken turns your favorite indulgent dip into a low carb, Weight Watchers-friendly, calorie conscious main course without sacrificing any of the rich, creamy, cheesy taste you love. The cream cheese makes the top layer thick and decadent and the briny artichokes and earthy spinach add great texture and flavor. The chicken cooks up perfectly and makes enough to serve to guests or to your family. On top of tasting positively sinful for only 232 calories and 5 Green, 3 Blue and 3 Purple myWW Weight Watchers SmartPoints, this dish is extremely easy to prepare and requires very little prep time. This may just be your new go-to weeknight meal! To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
Spinach & Artichoke Chicken
- 8 (4 oz each) raw boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets, (2 lbs total weight)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 14 oz can artichokes , packed in water-based brine not oil, chopped
- 10 oz package of frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, the kind that comes in a shaker
- ½ cup shredded 2% Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly mist a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Lay the chicken breast cutlets across the bottom of the dish in a single layer (see photo above). Sprinkle them with salt and black pepper and place them in the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken bakes, combine the yogurt and softened cream cheese in a large bowl and mix together until thoroughly combined. Add all the remaining ingredients and stir together until everything is well mixed.
- Remove the chicken from the oven after the 15 minutes (it will not be fully cooked yet). If the chicken has released a lot of excess liquid at this point then drain it out or soak it up with paper towels and discard. Using a large spoon or a spatula, spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the chicken in a nice thick layer. Place the dish back into the oven and continue to bake for another 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
6 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com) adapted from Add a Pinch