Cheesy Apple Walnut Bruschetta
I can say without a doubt that this Cheesy Apple Walnut Bruschetta is the perfect snack for Fall. Crusty toasted baguette slices spread with smooth, creamy white cheddar cheese from The Laughing Cow* and topped with crisp apples, sweet raisins, earthy walnuts and a drizzle of honey? It’s like taking a bite out of Autumn and discovering it tastes amazing. I’ve always been a huge fan of apples and cheddar together and I love the way every bite of this snack is lightly sweet and just a tiny bit salty.
When I came up with the idea for this recipe, it was intended as an afternoon snack to savor as I take a break from working and enjoy a few moments to myself. It’s perfect for that and hearty enough to keep me full until dinner. I also think this bruschetta would be great as a Thanksgiving appetizer or finger food for a Fall get-together or a football viewing party. To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
Some of you may already know that I’ve been working with The Laughing Cow all year to reinvent snacking by creating fun and tasty snack ideas for their Facebook page. If you weren’t aware, go check it out! If you look through their Facebook photos you’ll see all my creations, including everything from Maple Bacon Pepper Jack Toasts to Raspberry Lime Shortbreads with Swiss and Mint to Peach Salsa and Queso Fresco Crostini and many more! Their cheeses are so creamy and versatile, the snacking possibilities are endless! As I’m sure you’ll all agree, putting a thick layer of creamy cheese on just about anything makes it even more delicious. Plus The Laughing Cow has really great flavors like Mozzarella with Sun-dried Tomato & Basil, Creamy Swiss Garlic & Herb, and Spicy Pepper Jack (my favorite kind).
One of the perks of working with The Laughing Cow (besides having my fridge stocked with yummy cheese) is that they invited me to attend a really cool influencer event they held for bloggers in New York City earlier this month. If you follow me on Instagram you’ve probably already seen a photo of me posing with the actual Laughing Cow! I was able to bring a guest so my I decided to bring my mom and we made it a ladies’ night out. We had the best time!
Naturally the event served insanely delicious snacks featuring The Laughing Cow cheeses (my favorite were the fried plantains with cheese pictured in the collage), but there were also educational breakout sessions for the blogger attendees. My absolute favorite session was the stop motion video tutorial with Amber Lee. I had to download Vine, which I’d never gotten around to trying, and I couldn’t believe how easy it was to use! I love the idea of making these videos and sharing them on my Instagram feed or here in my posts.
We also had a plating session where we got to create snacks and then set them up using different props and garnishes. Here are the ones my mom and I made…isn’t she a natural?
Since it was a blogger event there were all sorts of fun social media sharing perks like a Twitter vending machine that dropped down a surprise prize when you tweeted about The Laughing Cow. There’s a photo in the collage above of my mom using it to win a super cute wooden snack plate that has a cutout space to hold a wine glass (super handy). We had such a fun night, tasted some amazing cheesy food and even learned something new – I call that a successful evening!
I absolutely adore The Laughing Cow and I have eaten their cheeses and used them for snacking and in recipes for years, so I am so excited to be working with them to share my snack ideas with you both here on my blog and on Facebook. Make sure to start following The Laughing Cow on Facebook if you don’t already so that you keep up to date as I continue to share my cheesy snack ideas on their page!
*I have partnered with The Laughing Cow to create this post. I have been compensated for my time commitment to work with their product, however my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.
Cheesy Apple Walnut Bruschetta
- 4 oz French bread baguette, sliced diagonally into ½ oz slices (about ½” thick)
- 4 wedges of The Laughing Cow Creamy White Cheddar cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ a medium apple, chopped small
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon honey, I held a teaspoon under the bottle as I drizzled over the 8 baguette slices and it came out to about a teaspoon
- Pre-heat the oven to 400. Place the baguette slices on a foil lined baking sheet and spray the tops with cooking spray. Flip the slices over and spray the other side as well. Place the baguette slices in the oven for 10-14 minutes until the edges are golden.*
- Place the cheese wedges in a dish or on a plate and use a butter knife to mash the wedges and stir them into a creamy spread. Spread each toasted baguette slice with the cheese, dividing it evenly amongst the bread (each slice will get ½ a wedge of cheese).
- Divide the chopped apples evenly amongst the baguette slices and place them on top of the cheese. Top the apples with the raisins and walnuts. Drizzle each piece with a light zig-zag squiggle of honey and serve.
- *If you are only using one serving of bruschetta for a snack, you can either make all the baguette slices and use them as needed for a few days (store in a sealed Ziploc bag) or you can just make the toasted baguette slices as needed. I like making all of them at once because then they’re ready when I want to pack them/eat them and building my snack only takes a minute or two.
4 PP per (2 piece) serving, each piece is 2 PP (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Why have I not heard of the Laughing Cow before?!?! Need to try this ASAP!
The Laughing Cow cheeses are the best! Creamy, spreadable and they go with everything 🙂
I could make a meal out of these – love Laughing Cow!
Me too! 🙂
Laughing Cow cheese is so perfect for bruschetta! With that drizzle of honey, I’d eat at least a dozen 🙂
I’m not going to pretend I didn’t eat at least half that the day I photographed these – they make a good lunch too! Haha
I love Laughing Cow cheese. It’s perfect for snacking and it’s great for bruschetta.
Couldn’t agree more! 🙂
Oh My Gosh!! I feel like that table full of LC cheese and things to eat it on/with would pretty much be my dream last meal. *Droolz*
Right? I never wanted to get up from that table! 🙂
It was so nice to see you again at the event! I’m loving all the Laughing Cow cheese we got to bring home too and so it looks like I’m going to have to give your bruschetta a go!
So great to see you there too! Definitely give this one a try, I hope you love it. Also, make sure you bust into those Spicy Pepper Jack wedges, they’re my absolute favorite!