Loaded Potato Rounds
If you love potatoes, cheese and bacon, you’re going to love these Loaded Potato Rounds. If you don’t love those things…<does not compute>. I’m just going to go ahead and assume we all love these things because I can’t wrap my head around that not being the case (even though my husband doesn’t like bacon – he’s clearly an alien). These Loaded Potato Rounds are perfect finger food for a party or football game, but I think they’d also be great as a side dish!
I was toying with the idea of making potato skins, but I hate the idea of scooping out a bunch of the potato and not using it. Plus, you have to bake them before you roast them and that seemed like a lot of work for an appetizer. I thought it would be easier to just slice the potatoes into rounds like I did for my Sweet Potato Casserole Stacks and roast them right off the bat. So here you have it, roasted potato rounds with melted cheese and bacon! I served these with a little bit of sour cream for dipping, but they’re great on their own as well. Serve these up on game day next weekend and watch them disappear!
Loaded Potato Rounds
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 slices uncooked center cut bacon, diced
- 1 ½ lbs Russet Potatoes, scrubbed (for me this was about 2 large potatoes)
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- Coarsely ground sea salt, to taste
- 2/3 cup 2% shredded cheddar
- 1-2 scallions, sliced (greens only)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the diced bacon into a small skillet and bring to medium heat. Once the bacon begins to sizzle, cook stirring occasionally until the bacon pieces are crisp. Remove the bacon pieces to a paper towel stack using a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Slice the potatoes into 1/4” thick rounds. Place the rounds into a large mixing bowl and drizzle with the olive oil. Stir together until the potatoes are fully coated. Lay the potato rounds in a single layer on baking sheets and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until potatoes begin to get golden.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and sprinkle with the shredded cheese and cooked bacon pieces. Move the oven rack to the top and set the oven to broil. Place the potatoes back in on the top rack and broil for 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and sprinkle with sliced scallions before serving.
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints:
5 per (1/6th)* serving (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
4 per (1/6th)* serving (P+ calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)
Nutrition Information per 1/6th serving*:
167 calories, 20 g carbs, 1 g sugars, 7 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 6 g protein, 3 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
*How many potato rounds this makes depends on how many you cut, so I recommend either counting or weighing your finished potatoes and dividing that by 6 to determine serving size!
an Emily Bites Original