This turned out delicious, hearty, filling and super flavorful and it tasted even better with ketchup drizzled over the top. I love McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning (it makes all ground meats taste better) so I used that when browning the meat and omitted salt & pepper from later in the recipe to make up for it. I also accidentally cut it into 9 servings at first instead of 6, so the photo does not represent a full serving. This was also fantastic as leftovers and even after eating it for several meals in a row I was disappointed when I ran out of it!
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 large Yukon Gold or Butter potatoes, boiled or steamed whole, drained and cooled
- 1 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1.25 pounds raw extra lean ground turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 2 oz Velveeta Light 2% Processed Cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup low-fat evaporated milk
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 baked tortilla chips
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 9” square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Put onion, green pepper and mushrooms in a food processor and pulse until chopped (or chop them by hand into small pieces).
- Peel and slice potatoes thin. Layer in the prepared baking dish. Bake potatoes until slightly crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove baking dish from oven and set aside.
- While potatoes are baking, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and bring to medium-high heat; add garlic, onion, green pepper and mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, about 7 to 10 minutes and remove to a plate, cover to keep warm and set aside.
- Add turkey to the skillet with the steak seasoning and cook until browned, breaking up meat with a spoon as it cooks, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add cooked vegetables and cumin to turkey and stir to combine. Pour mixture over potatoes in the baking dish.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, combine cheese product, evaporated milk and crushed red pepper flakes; cover and microwave on high power until cheese melts, about 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon melted cheese over turkey and finish by sprinkling with tortilla chips.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing into 6 pieces.
MyWW SmartPoints per (1/6 of the recipe) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 6 SmartPoints/ Blue: 4 SmartPoints/ Purple: 1 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
5 per serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Adapted from weightwatchers.com