15 Minute Black Bean Nachos with Guacamole
Tonight I went straight from my Zumba class to the grocery store to buy ingredients for all the recipes I want to make this week. I had the best of intentions to return home and start cooking, but by the time I got here I was beat. These nachos seemed like the quickest and easiest thing I could make in less than 15 minutes with the ingredients I had on hand and they turned out awesome! I feel like I should have planned this, because it would make a great Super Bowl appetizer (you could easily double or triple it to make as many servings as you need), but this was definitely spur of the moment. I ate 2 servings (the whole recipe) for dinner, but I’m listing it as an appetizer, so eat it however you wish! The guacamole was a perfect cool, creamy complement to the spicy bean dip and salsa and the salty tortilla chips. Delicious!
15 Minute Black Bean Nachos
Yield: 2 (7 nacho) servings
- 14 Baked Tostitos Scoops
- 4 tablespoons Fat Free Black Bean Dip (I used Wegmans store brand but I know Guiltless Gourmet and lots of other companies make similar ones)
- Salsa to taste (I used mild for this because the bean dip was already a little spicy)
- ¼ cup Reduced Fat Mexican Cheese (I used Weight Watchers brand)
- 1 Wholly Guacamole 100 Calorie Pack (you can substitute homemade or any other brand of guacamole but I love Wholly Guacamole and the 100 calorie packs are great because once guacamole is exposed to air it doesn’t take long for the leftovers to go brown – this solves that problem!)
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place 14 chips on the sheet. Measure out 4 T of black bean dip and spoon them evenly into the scoops. Top the black bean dip in each scoop with a little bit of salsa (spoon in to taste) and then sprinkle the cheese evenly into the nacho scoops.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until cheese is melted and nachos are heated through. Top each nacho with a small dollop of guacamole (distribute evenly).
MyWW SmartPoints per (7 nacho) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 5 SmartPoints/ Blue: 5 SmartPoints/ Purple: 5 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
4 per (7 nacho) serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
NUTRITION INFORMATION per (7 nacho) serving:
247 calories, 32 g carbs, 4 g sugar, 10 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 9 g protein, 7 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
An Emily Bites Original
That looks awesome!
so 1 serving is 7 nachos??
oh ok thanks!
what kind of salsa did you use? i’m making this right now but i’m using paste mild salsa 🙂
These are in the oven right now! Can’t wait to dig in!!! I can’t get enough of your recipes and I tell everyone I know about your site! THANK YOU for helping to make losing weight and healthy eating so enjoyable.
As always delicious!
Made these tonight! My husband and I really liked them! I would suggest spraying foil, because all ours stuck!