Pizza on a Stick
I’m not going to pretend I don’t love flowers, but a bouquet of pizza may just be the way to my heart. I love the idea of serving these as finger food at a party, but they’re also great for a meal or a snack, and I’m assuming kids will love them! These were super easy to make and you could definitely change them up or make them vegetarian by using different pizza toppings. They have great pizza flavor and they’re fun to eat!
If I were to serve these at a party I would get a vase and a block of that green Styrofoam that florists use and put it inside. Once the pizza buns were skewered it’d make it easier to arrange them in a vase the way you want them. Then you have a beautiful pizza arrangement for your guests to grab from! I should have done that for my photos because I tried to put mine in a vase but getting any of them to face the same direction was an exercise in futility. If you don’t care about having them face the same way, just a vase should the do the trick. You might also like to serve them with a bowl of additional pizza sauce for dipping.
Pizza on a Stick
Yield: 20 pieces
- 13.8 oz can of refrigerated pizza dough
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded reduced fat 2% Mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 17 turkey pepperoni (such as Hormel)
- 20 bamboo skewers (or other shish kabob skewers or popsicles sticks)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Unroll the pizza dough and flatten into a large rectangle. Spread the pizza sauce evenly across the surface of the dough and then spread the cheese over it. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning over the pizza and follow with the pepperoni.
- Starting with the long side, roll the dough, with the toppings inside, until you reach the other end. Pinch the seam to seal. Cut the roll into 20 even pieces using kitchen shears. I cut the roll in half and then each of those pieces in half and then each of those into five to make it easier.
- Place the pizza buns on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese is melted. Let cool for 5 minutes. Stick a skewer into each bun.
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints:
3 per stick (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
2 per stick (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
75 calories, 10 g carbs, 1 g sugars, 2 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 4 g protein, 0 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
adapted from Artisan Bread in Five