Thai Chicken Pizza
Wow. I haven’t posted a pizza recipe in a while, but trust me, this Thai Chicken Pizza was worth the wait. Ever since I made peanut sauce using PB2 (affiliate link!) for my Thai Chicken Skewers I’ve been wanting to use that sauce again on something. It’s rich and peanut buttery with an Asian twist from the soy sauce and sesame oil and little heat from the Sriracha and black pepper. Altogether the flavor is incredible. Honestly, you could probably dip a brick in that sauce and I would want to eat it. Luckily for you, I decided to forgo the brick recipe and instead make this super delicious pizza. You’re welcome. I always use Boboli Whole Wheat crusts because I like the way they taste and when I want pizza I want it to be quick and hassle-free, but if you love making your own pizza dough feel free to substitute a homemade recipe (will change nutrition info). Don’t forget to check out my Easy Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken post- the perfect way to make shredded chicken for this recipe!
I’m excited to report that since posting my Thai Chicken Skewers and PB Banana Green Smoothie recipes I’ve received lots of comments saying PB2 is now available in many national and regional grocery store chains. If you’re unable to find it at your grocery store, you can order it on Amazon (affiliate link) like I did! If you’re unfamiliar, PB2 is a powdered peanut butter that gives you all the flavor of traditional peanut butter but with significantly less fat and calories. I waited a long time after hearing rave reviews to actually try it and now that I have I can’t believe I waited so long! I’m definitely planning to make more recipes with it (dessert next?!) so stock up now!
Looking for other pizza ideas? Check out past recipes for Chicken Alfredo Pizza, Cheeseburger Pizza, Buffalo Chicken Pizza, Margherita Pizza, Meat Lover’s Pizza, Bacon, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Pizza, Pepperoni & Pineapple Pizza, Mexican Pizza or Barbecue Chicken Pizza!
Thai Chicken Pizza
Yield: 6 slices
- 4 tablespoons PB2 powdered peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Sriracha
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- Boboli (10 oz) 100% Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
- ½ cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1 scallion, diced
- ¾ cup 2% reduced fat shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded or julienned carrots
- ¼ cup bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon of chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- In a medium bowl, combine the PB2, soy sauce, water, garlic powder, black pepper, sriracha, brown sugar and sesame oil and whisk together to combine.
- Spread the peanut sauce evenly across the top surface of the pizza crust, leaving at least a ½ inch edge around the outside. Sprinkle the chopped chicken pieces and scallions over the top, followed by the mozzarella cheese. Finish the pizza by sprinkling the carrots and bean sprouts over the top.
- Place pizza on a foil covered baking sheet, a pizza stone (my preference) or straight onto the oven rack (depending on how you like your crust) and bake for 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle chopped cilantro over the top before serving.
MyWW SmartPoints per (1/6th of the recipe) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 5 SmartPoints/ Blue: 5 SmartPoints/ Purple: 5 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
5 per slice (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
205 calories, 27 g carbs, 4 g sugars, 6 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 14 g protein, 5 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
An Emily Bites Original, sauce from Bell Plantation