It’s pumpkin season! I saw the original version of this Pumpkin Smoothie recipe in Food Network magazine and I was intrigued. I’ve used pumpkin in a lot of ways, sweet and savory, but I’ve never thought of making it into a smoothie. A latte or a milkshake? Sure. But a smoothie? Nope…and mixing it with banana? Interesting. I fooled around with the quantities of ingredients a little bit based on what I had on hand and making it lighter and I think it turned out great. It definitely tasted like a smoothie; fresh, cold, thick, fruity and sweet without being over-the-top, but the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice gave it a really fun Fall twist. This smoothie is filling and a great way to get some fruit and dairy in at breakfast, lunch or for a snack. Mix a little Autumn into your smoothie this Fall and you won’t regret it! To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 (5.3 oz) container nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt, (I used Dannon Light & Fit)
- 1 medium banana
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons fat free Reddi-wip
- Place all ingredients except the Reddi-wip into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into two glasses and add a tablespoon of Reddi-wip to the top of each. Sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice if desired.
179 calories, 38 g carbs, 27 g sugars, 1 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 8 g protein, 5 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com) MyWW SmartPoints per (1 1/4 cups) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 8 SmartPoints/ Blue: 8 SmartPoints/ Purple: 8 SmartPoints Weight Watchers Points Plus:
5 per (1-1/4 cup) serving* (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com) adapted from Food Network Magazine