This lightened up Apple Coleslaw makes an easy, tasty side dish for cookouts, barbecues, or dinner at home. Lightly dressed, crunchy, a little tangy and a little bit sweet, this coleslaw is fresh, flavorful, and much healthier than most! It’s quick and simple to make too. You’ll start with a bag of coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage) and add thinly sliced apples, carrots, and green onions. Then you’ll stir together some light mayonnaise and Greek yogurt with apple cider vinegar and a bit of sugar to make a dressing and mix it all together. That’s it! Your tasty Apple Coleslaw is ready to be the star of your next meal. Plus, a full cup serving of this Apple Coleslaw is just 63 calories or 1-2 WW Personal Points each (depending on whether you have apples as a Zero Point food)! To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here.
This Apple Coleslaw is fresh and flavorful as written, but if you want to jazz it up even further you can certainly mix in another ingredient or two. Possible add-ins I’d potentially include are craisins, raisins, sliced almonds, sunflower seeds, diced celery, or finely chopped broccoli. Please note that adding additional ingredients to the recipe below may change the estimated nutrition information or WW points listed.
More Tasty, Lightened Up Side Dishes
Looking for more tasty, lightened up side dish ideas like this Apple Coleslaw? Check out my Broccoli Salad, Caprese Pasta Salad, Zucchini Squares, Broccoli Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes, Summer Vegetable Sauté, Garlic Herb Mushrooms, Caprese Salad, Spinach Balls, Buffalo Cauliflower Wings, Easy Salsa Rice, Zucchini Casserole, Avocado BLT Pasta Salad, Strawberry Quinoa Salad, Easy Garlic Knots, Spinach and Parmesan Orzo, Doritos Taco Salad, and more in the Side Dishes categories of my recipe index!
- 1 medium red apple, cut into matchsticks (I used an Empire)
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup matchstick or shredded carrots
- 16 oz bag coleslaw mix, (shredded cabbage)
- 2 medium scallions, sliced
- ¾ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt, (I use Fage)
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise, (I use Hellmann's)
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Place the matchstick-sliced apples into a large mixing bowl and pour the lemon juice over them. Stir to coat the apples in the lemon juice (will prevent browning). Add the carrots, coleslaw mix, and scallions and toss together until thoroughly mixed.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper, and stir together until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the coleslaw mixture and stir/toss together until the coleslaw is lightly coated in the dressing. Taste and add more salt and/or pepper if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.
2 per (1 cup) serving (PP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)