Spinach & Artichoke Grilled Cheese
Get your napkin ready…you’re going to need it. This Spinach & Artichoke Grilled Cheese positively oozes rich, creamy, cheesy spinach and artichoke dip sandwiched between slices of buttery wheat bread. It’s every bit as delicious as it sounds. Plus, the whole things together in no time and tastes decadent for just around 350 calories! To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
You can easily double or triple this recipe as needed, and if you’re just making one sandwich, simply save half of the spinach artichoke filling for later. Cheesy, easy and delicious? That’s my kind of sandwich.
Spinach and Artichoke Grilled Cheese
- 1 cup semi-packed baby spinach, torn into pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup 2% shredded Mozzarella, divided
- 3 tablespoons diced canned artichoke hearts, packed in water
- A pinch black pepper
- A pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons light butter, I used Land O’ Lakes Light Butter Spread with Canola Oil
- 4 slices light wheat bread, I used Pepperidge Farm Light Style
- Lightly mist a small skillet with cooking spray and bring over medium heat. Add the spinach and cook for about a minute. Add the minced garlic and cook for another 30 seconds to a minute until the spinach is wilted.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the spinach & garlic with the cream cheese, sour cream, Parmesan, ¼ cup of the Mozzarella, artichokes, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Stir until well combined.
- Butter one side of each piece of bread with ½ tablespoon of butter each. Place two slices butter side down on a flat skillet. Sprinkle both slices with 2 tablespoons of shredded Mozzarella each. Spread the spinach & artichoke dip from step 2 evenly over the Mozzarella layer on each slice. Sprinkle the top of each with the remaining Mozzarella (2 tablespoons each). Place the reserved slices of bread, butter side up, on top of each sandwich.
- Bring the skillet over medium heat and cook for about 2 ½-3 minutes until golden on the bottom. Flip the sandwiches (carefully!) and cook for another 2-3 minutes until golden on both sides.
8 per sandwich (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)