Slow Cooker Kickin’ Chicken Pasta
This creamy, hearty Slow Cooker Kickin’ Chicken Pasta is decadent and flavorful with the perfect spicy kick. Even better? It’s incredibly easy. You basically just toss some ingredients in the slow cooker and it makes itself! If you’re still not convinced, a filling 1 1/3 cup serving is just 359 calories or 7 Weight Watchers SmartPoints! Trust me, you won’t believe it. This pasta tastes super indulgent and the cheesy, spicy sauce is so good you’ll want to lick the bowl clean! I’m not going to pretend I didn’t use my finger to mop up some extra sauce from my bowl. Manners be darned.
This Slow Cooker Kickin’ Chicken Pasta would be an amazing weeknight meal since the chicken and sauce can cook while you’re at work and when you get home you’ll just have to toss in the cheeses and pasta and cook for a bit more. This dish would also be great for company because it’s so flavorful that no one will believe it’s light! Plus, since the preparation is very hands-off it frees you up to make side dishes or dessert or tidy up before your guests arrive. You know when you try a recipe and immediately know it’s going to be added to the regular rotation? This Slow Cooker Kickin’ Chicken Pasta is one of those recipes.
Looking for more tasty lightened up slow cooker recipes? Check out my Slow Cooker Apple Bacon BBQ Pulled Pork, Slow Cooker Beef and Barley Soup,Slow Cooker Mustard Rubbed Pulled Pork, Slow Cooker Meatballs and Marinara, Slow Cooker Beef Stew,Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken, Slow Cooker Applesauce, Slow Cooker White Bean Soup, Slow Cooker Beef & Broccoli, Slow Cooker Beef Braciole, Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan, Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef, Slow Cooker Taco Chili and many more in the Slow Cooker category of my recipe index!
Slow Cooker Kickin' Chicken Pasta
Yield: 6 (1 1/3 cups) servings
- 1 lb raw boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup Frank’s Red Hot (or similar hot sauce)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- 3 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 10 oz dry linguine pasta (I used Barilla)
- Place the chicken, zucchini, onion, garlic, chicken broth, tomato sauce, hot sauce, lemon juice, red pepper flakes and basil into your slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours until the chicken is cooked through and shreds easily.
- Turn the slow cooker to high if it isn’t already. Remove the chicken breasts to a cutting board and shred using two forks (should shred very easily). Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker and stir in the cream cheese cubes and shredded Parmesan. Add the linguine (break up if necessary) and make sure it is covered by the liquid. Replace the lid and cook on high for 45 minutes or until the pasta is cooked, stirring every 15-20 minutes or so to break up the pasta.
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints:
7 per (1 1/3 cups) serving (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com), a serving was 8 SP on the previous program
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
9 per (1 1/3 cups) serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
359 calories, 42 g carbs, 3 g sugars, 8 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 29 g protein, 3 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
adapted from Slow Cooker Gourmet