Slow Cooker Meatloaf
I’ve been really into using my slow cooker lately, and as the weather gets warmer it’s a great way to get dinner on the table without having to turn your oven on during the hot Summer months. I came across this recipe for Slow Cooker Meatloaf with rave reviews and I love meatloaf so I definitely wanted to give it a try. One of the things my husband is known for cooking is his “Swirly Burgers,” which are burgers where he mixes together more than one type of ground meat (like steak/chicken burgers or beef/turkey/bacon burgers). I decided to try that out in this meatloaf (swirly meatloaf?) with beef and turkey and I thought it was a success! I’ve also never used dry onion soup mix to season meatloaf before but I really liked the flavor it brought. This Slow Cooker Meatloaf was so easy to make and it was really tasty. Plus two slices are only 295 calories or 7 Green, 5 Blue or 5 Purple Weight Watchers SmartPoints. What are you waiting for?
Looking for more tasty lightened up slow cooker recipes? Check out my Slow Cooker Apple Bacon BBQ Pulled Pork, Slow Cooker Kickin’ Chicken Pasta, Slow Cooker Beef and Barley Soup,Slow Cooker Mustard Rubbed Pulled Pork, Slow Cooker Meatballs and Marinara, Slow Cooker Beef Stew,Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken, Slow Cooker Applesauce, Slow Cooker White Bean Soup, Slow Cooker Beef & Broccoli, Slow Cooker Beef Braciole, Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan, Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef, Slow Cooker Taco Chili and many more in the Slow Cooker category of my recipe index!
Slow Cooker Meatloaf
Yield: 6 (2 slice) servings
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup skim milk
- 2/3 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 oz packet dry onion soup mix
- ½ teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1 lb raw 95% lean ground beef
- 1 lb raw 99% lean ground turkey breast
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, bread crumbs, onion soup mix and sage and stir or whisk together until well combined. Add the ground beef and ground turkey and mix together (I recommend using your hands) until thoroughly combined. Transfer the meat mixture to a cutting board or other clean, dry surface and form into a loaf that will fit in your slow cooker without touching the sides. If you prefer, you can place a long, wide strip of aluminum foil into your slow cooker at this point before adding the meatloaf to help you lift it out at the end (I just used two spatulas to lift mine out).
- Add your meatloaf to the slow cooker and cover. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours until fully cooked. Remove the cooked meatloaf to a cutting board or serving platter. Spread the ketchup over the top of the meatloaf and slice into 12 even slices.
MyWW SmartPoints per (2 slice) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 7 SmartPoints/ Blue: 5 SmartPoints/ Purple: 5 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
7 per (2 slice) serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Nutrition Information per (2 slice) serving:
295 calories, 18 g carbs, 4 g sugars, 7 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 39 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
Slightly adapted from Food.com