Fiesta Potato Rounds
I have partnered with The Laughing Cow to create these Fiesta Potato Rounds. I have been compensated for my time commitment to work with their product, however my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.
Y’all, I am so excited to share these Fiesta Potato Rounds. They’re fun, flavorful and perfect for a snack, a vegetarian lunch option, a party appetizer, or a festive finger food to serve while watching the game. I almost called these Potato Nachos (Potachos?) because it’s a similar concept, but with a fun new twist. The roasted potato slices get a little crisp in the oven and I topped them with my favorite flavor of The Laughing Cow cheese wedges, Creamy Spicy Pepper Jack, which has a nice kick. You can definitely substitute another flavor if you can’t find the Pepper Jack, but I urge you to look for it – it’s worth it! The corn, tomatoes, garlic, black beans and green onions tossed in a bit of taco seasoning are the perfect finishing touch of flavors and textures that will keep you coming back for more. Even better? Each of these Fiesta Potato Rounds is just 32 calories or 1 Weight Watchers SmartPoints!
Many of you know that I love The Laughing Cow cheeses and have been using them in my recipes since I started blogging almost six years ago. I’m so thrilled to be working with The Laughing Cow again this year to come up with fun and creative ways to #ReinventSnacking! I never run out of inspiration, because what snack couldn’t be improved with cheese? As I mentioned above, their Creamy Spicy Pepper Jack cheese is my favorite flavor, but it has some pretty stiff competition from their Creamy Asiago, Creamy Light Swiss and Creamy Queso Fresco Chipotle. In addition to their creamy cheese wedges, I’m also currently crushing on The Laughing Cow’s new Cheese Dippers! These snack packs pair their Creamy Original Swiss cheese with crunchy breadsticks that are perfect for dipping. I love the Cheese Dippers when I’m on-the-go and they’d be a great back-to-school treat to send along with your kids!
For the past year and a half I have been creating fresh new snack ideas every month for The Laughing Cow’s social media accounts. Looking to try something new with your snacking? You can see all my ideas (samples pictured below) by following The Laughing Cow on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter! You can also share your own ideas by using the hashtag #ReinventSnacking.
Fiesta Potato Rounds
Yield: 24 pieces
- 12 oz Russet Potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 ½ teaspoons canola oil, divided
- Coarsely ground sea salt, to taste
- ¼ cup black beans (canned, drained and rinsed)
- ¼ cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes (I used grape tomatoes)
- 1 lime wedge
- ¼ teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sliced scallions
- 8 wedges of The Laughing Cow Creamy Spicy Pepper Jack flavor cheese, softened to room temperature (their Creamy Queso Fresco Chipotle flavor would also be great in this)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the potatoes into 1/4” thick rounds (I got 24 slices). Place the rounds into a large mixing bowl and drizzle with 2 teaspoons of canola oil. Stir together until the potatoes are fully coated. Lay the potato rounds in a single layer on a baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until potatoes begin to get golden.
- While the potatoes are cooking, bring the remaining ½ teaspoon of canola oil over medium heat in a small skillet. Add the black beans and corn and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and tomatoes and cook for another minute. Squeeze the lime wedge over the top and stir in the taco seasoning. Remove to a side dish and stir in the scallions.
- When the potato rounds are done, allow them to cool for about 5 minutes before handling. Place the cheese wedges into a bowl or dish and use a spoon or butter knife to whip/mash them together until well combined and ready to spread. Use a knife to spread the cheese evenly across the tops of all the finished potato rounds. Top each cheesy potato round with 1 ½ teaspoons of the black bean & corn mixture from step three and serve immediately.
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints:
1 per piece (1/24th of the recipe)* (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
1 per piece (1/24th of the recipe)* (P+ calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)
Nutrition Information per piece (1/24th of the recipe)* :
32 calories, 4 g carbs, 1 g sugars, 1 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 1 g protein, 0 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
*I sliced 24 pieces so the nutrition and points listed are per piece (1/24th of the recipe)
an Emily Bites Original