Cheesy BLT Crostini
I have partnered with Bel Brands as an official ambassador to create these Cheesy BLT Crostini. While I receive compensation for my participation as a brand ambassador, all opinions are mine.
What’s even better than a crispy, juicy, crunchy BLT? One with smooth, creamy cheese. These Cheesy BLT Crostini have everything you love about your favorite sandwich (smoky bacon, fresh lettuce, crusty bread and juicy tomatoes), but with the addition of Creamy Light Swiss cheese wedges from The Laughing Cow®. These toasts make a great snack, fun finger food for a party, or pair perfectly with soup or a salad for lunch (since they’re basically open-faced mini-sandwiches)! It’s so important to me, no matter how busy I am, to sit down and really taste, appreciate and enjoy the food I eat throughout the day. These Cheesy BLT Crostini are a simple, satisfying, flavorful snack worth savoring. To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
For this recipe, I decided to use The Laughing Cow’s Creamy Light Swiss cheese wedges because I love the pairing of Swiss cheese and bacon. So good. However, I’ve also made this exact same crostini using their Creamy Asiago, Creamy Mozzarella, Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil and Creamy Spicy Pepper Jack cheese wedges and they were all amazing. Each flavor put a different spin on the snack, and honestly it’s hard to choose a favorite. Feel free to make these Cheesy BLT Crostini using any of your favorite flavors of The Laughing Cow cheese, or try a different one each day to find the one you like best!
I have always been a huge fan of The Laughing Cow cheeses. They’re creamy, spreadable and come packaged in perfect snacking portions. It seems I never run out of creative new ways to eat cheese wedges. I mean, what snack couldn’t be improved with cheese? If you need some fresh ideas to #ReinventSnacking (trust me, we all get in a food rut sometimes), I’ve got you covered. For the past few years I have been creating fun snack ideas every month for The Laughing Cow’s social media accounts! You can see all my cheesy snack pairings by following The Laughing Cow on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. I also share some on my own social media accounts, so make sure you’re following Emily Bites on Facebook and Instagram as well!
Cheesy BLT Crostini
- 4 oz French bread baguette, sliced diagonally into ½ ounce slices (about ½” thick)
- 4 wedges of The Laughing Cow Creamy Light Swiss flavor cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup shredded or finely chopped lettuce
- 4 slices center cut bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled or chopped
- 4 grape tomatoes, sliced
- Pre-heat the oven to 400. Place the baguette slices on a foil lined baking sheet and spray the tops with cooking spray. Flip the slices over and spray the other side as well. Place the baguette slices in the oven for 10-14 minutes until the edges are golden.*
- Place the cheese wedges in a dish or on a plate and use a butter knife to mash the wedges and stir them into a creamy spread. Spread each toasted baguette slice with the cheese, dividing it evenly amongst the bread (each slice will get ½ a wedge of cheese).
- Layer about a tablespoon of shredded lettuce, a half piece of bacon and half a tomato over the cheese on each crostini and serve.
- *If you are only using a few crostini for a snack, you can either make all the baguette slices at once and use them as needed for a few days (store in a sealed zip-top bag) or you can just make the toasted baguette slices as needed. I like making all of them at once because then they’re ready when I want to eat them!
2 per piece (P+ calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)