Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
These easy Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls use 2 ingredient dough with Greek yogurt for a lighter take on a sweet autumn treat! I was in the mood for pumpkin and decided to experiment with using 2 ingredient dough in a sweet dish – I liked it! I added a little vanilla extract to the dough, so I suppose it’s technically 3 ingredients in this recipe but…oh well. Full disclosure: the 2 ingredient dough has a different flavor and texture than the dough traditionally used for cinnamon rolls, so this lightened up version will not taste exactly the same. The 2 ingredient dough is slightly tangy and salty but I think it’s a nice balance to the sweet pumpkin filling and vanilla glaze in these Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, a snack or even dessert, each of these rolls is only 117 calories or 4 Green, 2 Blue or 3 Purple WW SmartPoints! To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
Looking for more tasty lightened up ways to enjoy pumpkin this fall? Check out my Pumpkin Pie Bites, Savory Sausage Pumpkin Flatbreads, Pumpkin Pie Pastry Pockets, Pumpkin Alfredo Tortellini Skillet, Pumpkin Apple Bacon Soup, Pumpkin Chocolate Baked Oatmeal Singles, Pumpkin Spice Krispie Treats, Pumpkin Mac and Cheese, Pumpkin French Toast, Pumpkin, Cranberry and Apple Baked Oatmeal, Crustless Mini Pumpkin Pies, Sausage and Pumpkin Pasta and more in the pumpkin category of my recipe index!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup Fage 0% nonfat Greek yogurt, Fage brand really works best because it is so thick
- ¼ teaspoon & 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract, divided
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons skim milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly mist an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the flour, yogurt and ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract in a bowl and stir it together with a fork until mostly combined. Remove the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead it until fully combined and form it into an oval ball. Use a rolling pin dusted with flour to roll the dough out into a flat rectangle (about 8” x 12”).
- In a bowl, mix together the pumpkin, brown sugar and cinnamon until combined. Use a rubber spatula to spread the pumpkin mixture evenly across the surface of the dough. Once the pumpkin is spread, start with one of the shorter sides and roll the dough forward over the pumpkin until the dough is all rolled up into a log.
- Cut the roll into 6 slices and place them spiral side up in the prepared baking dish. Press each roll down lightly to spread them out a little wider. Place the rolls in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- While the rolls are cooling, mix the powdered sugar, milk, and 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract until smooth. When the rolls have cooled a bit, drizzle the icing over the top of the rolls and serve.
117 calories, 24 g carbs, 8 g sugars, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 6 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com) MyWW SmartPoints per (1 roll) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com) Green: 4 SmartPoints/ Blue: 3 SmartPoints/ Purple: 3 SmartPoints Weight Watchers Points Plus:
3 per roll (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers brand PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)