Pumpkin Alfredo Tortellini Skillet
Oh. My. Goodness. This one-pot Pumpkin Alfredo Tortellini Skillet with spicy sausage is so creamy, dreamy, savory and decadent, you are never going to believe that it’s lightened up. The pumpkin with sage and marjoram tastes like Fall and it pairs perfectly with the smooth, cheesy flavor of the alfredo, the rustic, spiciness of the sausage and the hearty, cheese-filled tortellini pasta. I also tossed in some fresh spinach leaves to bulk it up a little (even a decadent dish can use a vegetable) and it rounded out the dish perfectly.
This Pumpkin Alfredo Tortellini Skillet comes together simply and quickly, making it a great weeknight meal. The best part is that everything cooks right in the same skillet – less dishes! I love one-pot meals. Not only is this a great weeknight meal to serve yourself or your family, but it’s also a great, crowd-pleasing dish for company because it looks beautiful and complicated even though it’s deceptively easy. It’s also only 332 calories or 10 Weight Watchers SmartPoints per serving on myWW Green, Blue or Purple, so although it tastes sinful, it’s not! Serve it up with a side salad and you have a perfect meal.
Looking for more lightened up pasta dishes? Try my Sausage Tortellini Skillet, Cheesy Chicken Veggie Pasta Skillet, Chicken Cordon Blue Pasta Bake, Tomato Soup Mac & Cheese, Creamy Pasta with Sausage and Mustard Seeds, Spicy Sausage Pasta, Spaghetti Pie, Pumpkin Mac & Cheese, Spicy Sausage and Eggplant Pasta Bake, Cheesy Taco Pasta and more in the pasta section of my recipe index!
Pumpkin Alfredo Tortellini Skillet
Yield: 8 (1 cup) servings
- 1 lb hot Italian turkey or poultry sausage, casings removed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup low sodium fat free chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon rubbed sage
- A pinch of cayenne
- 15 oz jar light alfredo sauce (I highly recommend the Classico light alfredo sauce)
- 20 oz refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 5 oz baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- Place the sausage in a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat and cook for a few minutes, breaking apart with a wooden spoon until it starts to brown a bit. Once the meat starts to break apart, add the onion and garlic and stir together. Continue to cook while breaking up meat and stirring regularly until sausage is cooked through and onions are softened.
- Add the pumpkin puree and the chicken broth and stir together until the pumpkin and broth and well combined. Add the pepper, salt, marjoram, sage, cayenne and alfredo sauce and stir until the pumpkin and alfredo are well combined. Add the tortellini and stir until coated with the sauce. Cover the pan with a lid and bring heat up until you can see the sauce bubble. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 8 minutes until tortellini is cooked. Remove the lid and stir in the chopped spinach until the spinach is wilted and all ingredients are well combined.
MyWW SmartPoints per (1 generous cup) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 10 SmartPoints/ Blue: 10 SmartPoints/ Purple: 10 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
9 per (1 generous cup) serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
332 calories, 40 g carbs, 3 g sugars, 10 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 20 g protein, 3 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
an Emily Bites Original