Turkey Sausage Mini Frittatas
This Turkey Sausage Mini Frittatas blog post is sponsored by Almond Breeze. The content and opinions expressed here are that of Emily Bites.
These Turkey Sausage Mini Frittatas are an easy, lighter, dairy-free, low carb breakfast you’ll want to make again and again! You’ll start by transforming lean ground turkey breast into a super flavorful sausage by mixing in a few dried seasonings. I love doing this because you get the full flavor of sausage for far less calories or WW Freestyle Smartpoints than using traditional sausage. Then you’ll cook your sausage and combine it with fresh spinach, eggs, and creamy Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original almondmilk to bake into filling, flavorful Turkey Sausage Mini Frittatas! Though they are mini by name, I think you’ll find these muffin-sized frittatas to make quite a satisfying breakfast. I love serving these with a side of fresh fruit. Plus, if you’re grabbing breakfast on your way out the door, these Frittatas are easy to make ahead and pack for a portable on-the-go meal. Better still, each of these mini Frittatas is just 69 Calories, 1 gram of Carbohydrates, or 2 Green, 0 Blue, or 0 Purple myWW SmartPoints. That’s right, ZERO Blue or Purple WW points and just ONE gram of Carbs!
If you’ve never tried Almond Breeze almondmilk, you’re in for a real treat. You probably already know that they’re great for those following a dairy-free diet, but they’re also a fantastic better for you choice for us dairy-eaters as well! I particularly love Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original almondmilk as a tasty, low calorie, low sugar alternative to cow’s milk. A cup of Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original almondmilk has 30 calories and 0 grams of added sugar and it is a fantastic source of calcium and vitamins. Not only does it provide all this nutrition with less calories and sugar, it also tastes great on its own and in recipes like these Turkey Sausage Mini Frittatas or my One-Pot Creamy Garlic Chicken Pasta. In addition to loving its almondmilk, I’m also a big fan of Almond Breeze’s Almondmilk Creamer, both in my coffee and in recipes. Make sure to take a look at my recipe for Strawberry Almond Cream Pancakes as well using Almond Breeze Almondmilk Creamer!
Looking for more tasty, lightened up breakfast recipes? Check out my Strawberry Almond Cream Pancakes, Ultimate Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole, Banana Blueberry Muffins, Sausage and Pepper Egg Bake, Corn and Zucchini Summer Frittata, Ham and Cheese Egg Cups, Apple Streusel French Toast Muffins, Ham and Cheese Hash Brown Quiche, Pumpkin Chocolate Baked Oatmeal Singles, Butternut Squash Autumn Frittata, Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes, and more in the Breakfast category of my recipe index.
Turkey Sausage Mini Frittatas
- ½ Lb Raw 99% Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- ½ Teaspoon Salt, Divided
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper, Divided
- 1/3 Teaspoon Ground Sage
- 1/3 Teaspoon Ground Thyme
- 1/8 Teaspoon Dried Marjoram
- 1/8 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Cup Torn Fresh Spinach Leaves
- 8 Large Eggs
- 1/3 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original almondmilk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly mist a 12-cup standard-size muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Ground Turkey with ¼ Teaspoon Salt, ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper, The Sage, Thyme, Marjoram and Crushed Red Pepper. Stir (or mush with your hands or a fork) until the Turkey is well combined with the seasonings. Mist a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray and bring to medium heat. Add the seasoned Turkey and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon or spatula, until the Turkey is cooked through and broken into small pieces. Add the fresh Spinach and stir. Cook for an additional minute until the Spinach is wilted.
- In a second mixing bowl, combine the Eggs, remaining ¼ teaspoon of Salt, ¼ teaspoon of Black Pepper and the Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original almondmilk. Beat the Egg mixture with a whisk. When beaten, divide the Egg mixture evenly into the cups of the prepared muffin tin. Follow by dividing the cooked Turkey/Spinach mixture evenly amongst the muffin tin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes until puffy and golden. Cool for 8-10 minutes before removing from the tin.
2 per Serving (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers brand PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below) Nutrition Information per serving:
69 Calories, 1 g Carbs, 0 g Sugars, 3 g Fat, 1 g Saturated Fat, 9 g Protein, 0 g Fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)