Strawberry Cheesecake Cups
These easy Strawberry Cheesecake Cups are creamy, decadent, and lightened up! This dessert is super simple to make and a real crowd pleaser. My four year old couldn’t stop gushing about these, so I’d say they’re kid-friendly as well! I love making desserts in my muffin tins because it makes perfect portions. Just enough of a sweet treat to be satisfied! These creamy cheesecake cups are topped with a sweet, fresh, delicious strawberry sauce that comes together in under 10 minutes. You’re going to want to put this topping on everything!
Not only are these Strawberry Cheesecake Cups tasty, they also come together with minimal effort. The “crust” is just a Nilla Wafer, so there’s no need to grind up graham crackers. After placing the cookies into baking cup liners in a standard-sized muffin tin, you’ll just mix together cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and a few other simple ingredients and spoon it into the liners. Then bake! When the cheesecakes are cooling, you cut up some strawberries and put them in a saucepan for a few minutes, add a cornstarch slurry and a bit of sugar and let it thicken. Spoon the strawberry topping onto the cheesecakes and chill until they’re cold. That’s it! The hardest part is waiting for them to chill. You’d surely never guess these Strawberry Cheesecake Cups are lightened up and just 109 calories or just 5 WW Points! To view your current WW Points for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
In case you’re wondering how I made muffin tin cheesecakes without the ridges around the outside from the liners, I used these Simply Baked Baking Cups I found at Wegmans. You can either tear the paper cup off after cooling like I did for my photos, or you can serve them right in the little cups (they have all types of patterns and colors) and let people spoon the cheesecake out. I usually use regular paper liners and my muffin tins when making these cheesecakes, but I will say that these baking cups do make for smoother, cuter photos. Just wanted to be transparent about the lack of ridges on my cheesecakes!
If you want to see more perfectly portioned sweet treats, check out my dessert category for favorites like Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Cups, Blueberry Cheesecake Mini Tarts, Baked Stuffed Apples, Gingerbread Cheesecake Cups, Banana Chocolate Wonton Bites, Pumpkin Pie Bites, Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake Cups, Chocolate Chip Cannoli Cups, Key Lime Cheesecake Cups, Mixed Berry Mini Tarts, Carrot Cake Cupcakes, Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries, Dark Chocolate Orange Cupcakes, Mini Cinnamon Apple Tarts, Berries & Cream Cinnamon Dessert Cups and more!
Strawberry Cheesecake Cups
- 12 Nilla Wafers cookies
- 8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 5.3 oz container of fat free Vanilla Greek yogurt, I use Dannon Light & Fit
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups quartered strawberries, (after cutting the greens off, cut the berries into four quarters, or halves if they are small)
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 375. Place cupcake liners into 12 cups of a standard sized muffin/cupcake tin and place a Nilla Wafer in the bottom of each liner.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, yogurt, five tablespoons of the sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, and egg and mix together using an electric mixer until smooth and well combined. Spoon the mixture evenly on top of the cookies in the prepared liners and spread flat with a spatula or the back or a spoon. Bake for 15-16 minutes and remove from oven to cool.
- While the cheesecake cups are cooking, mist a small saucepan with cooking spray and bring over medium heat. Add the strawberries and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. In a small dish, stir together the cornstarch and warm water until smooth and add to theraspberries. Add the remaining tablespoon of sugar and stir to combine. Allow the strawberry mixture to bubble and then cover the saucepan and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 2-4 minutes until mixture has thickened.
- Once the cheesecake cups have cooled to room temperature, spoon the strawberry topping evenly over the center of each cup (about a tablespoon each) and transfer the cheesecake cups to the refrigerator. Chill for at least one hour. Serve chilled.
3 per cheesecake cup (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)