Fudgy Pumpkin Chocolate Brownies
If you’re looking for a lightened-up dessert that delivers on decadent chocolate flavor, these Fudgy Pumpkin Chocolate Brownies are for you! These babies are rich and fudgy with a blend of pumpkin spice and chocolate flavor that will make your kitchen smell amazing as they’re baking. They also have far less sugar and fat than a traditional brownie, but taste just as indulgent. I’d say the texture is a bit fudgier and more moist than a traditional brownie, but still absolutely delicious. My husband has a major sweet tooth and he and my daughter both loved these!
Each of these satisfyingly sized Fudgy Pumpkin Chocolate Brownies is just 97 calories or 4 WW Points! That’s a real dessert bargain, especially since I divided the 8×8 pan into 9 brownies instead of 12 or 16 like I often see on brownie mixes. To view your WW Points for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
Not only are these Fudgy Pumpkin Chocolate Brownies rich, delicious, and lightened up, they’re also super easy to make. You’ll just mix together a few dry ingredients you’re likely to already have on hand, then mix together some canned pumpkin and applesauce. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ones, pour it into an 8×8 baking dish, and sprinkle some chocolate chips on top before baking. That’s it! It’s almost as simple as using a boxed brownie mix, but healthier!
If you want to see more lightened up sweet treats, check out my dessert category for favorites like Gingerbread Cheesecake Cups, Mixed Berry Pie, Blueberry Cheesecake Mini Tarts, Baked Stuffed Apples, Banana Chocolate Wonton Bites, Pumpkin Pie Bites, Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake Cups, Chocolate Chip Cannoli Cups, Key Lime Cheesecake Cups, Mixed Berry Mini Tarts, Carrot Cake Cupcakes, Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries, Dark Chocolate Orange Cupcakes, Mini Cinnamon Apple Tarts, Berries & Cream Cinnamon Dessert Cups and more!
Fudgy Pumpkin Chocolate Brownies
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350. Mist an 8x8 square baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice and whisk together until combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the pumpkin puree and applesauce and stir until smoothly combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until smoothly combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish and smooth into an even layer. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top and place in the heated oven. Bake for 20-24 minutes (mine were perfect at 22, but all ovens are a little different) until a toothpick inserted comes out with a bit of crumbs stuck on it (you don’t want it fully goopy or fully clean). Allow the brownies to cool and set for 20 minutes before cutting into nine equal pieces.
97 calories, 19 g carbs, 11 g sugars, 3 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 2 g protein, 3 g fiber, 75 mg sodium (from myfitnesspal.com) Weight Watchers Points Plus:
3 per brownie (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below) Adapted from Cooking Light