Three Cheese Mushroom Flatbreads
*I have partnered with Flatout to create this recipe. I have been compensated for my time commitment to work with their product, however my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.
A thin, crispy flatbread crust with three types of flavorful cheeses and seasoned sautéed mushrooms with garlic and herbs may sound like something you’d see on a restaurant menu, but these Three Cheese Mushroom Flatbreads can be made at home in less than 15 minutes! These flatbreads would make an easy and delicious weeknight meal and can also be paired with salad or soup. I laid out the recipe below to make just one flatbread, but it would be very easy to make enough for the whole family all at once. As a bonus, each flatbread is just 265 calories or 8 Weight Watchers SmartPoints on the myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans!
Many of you know I’ve been working with Flatout to develop recipes with their products for quite a while now and I have to say making flatbread pizzas is one of my favorite go-to ways to use them. I adore a thin, crispy crust on my pizza and the topping possibilities are seriously endless. I always keep Flatouts on hand because it’s so simple to turn them into a fast and delicious meal on the fly with whatever we have on hand. Just grab a sauce (pizza sauce, BBQ sauce, pesto, spreadable cheese, etc), some cheese and then some veggies, proteins or other fun ingredients from your pantry or fridge and a few minutes later, dinner is made! Plus, Flatout flatbreads have healthy options to suit everyone (low cal, low carb, high fiber, high protein, etc) so you know you’ve got a good starting point.
If you do want to put a little planning into your Flatout meals, check out some of my ideas like Spicy Southwest Chicken Wraps, Buffalo Chicken Pinwheel Wraps, Spinach Artichoke Flatbreads, Greek Snack Flats, Mexi Burgers with Guacamole, Chinese Chicken Wrap, Chicken Pesto Flatbreads and Bacon Cheeseburger Wraps.
Three Cheese Mushroom Flatbreads
- 1 ½ oz sliced mushrooms, I used Baby Bellas
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Flatout Light Original Flatbread
- 2 wedges of The Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss Garlic & Herb cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ oz 2% shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ½ oz Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 350.
- Lightly mist a small skillet with cooking spray and bring to medium heat. Add the mushrooms, parsley and marjoram and cook, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes until the mushrooms are browned and cooked. Add the garlic, stir together and cook for another 30 seconds to a minute until garlic is fragrant. Set aside.
- Place the flatbread directly onto the middle rack of the oven and bake for about 3 ½ minutes until they stand firm when lifted. Remove from the oven and spread with the cheese wedges, leaving a bit of space around the edge for the crust. Sprinkle the mozzarella over the top and follow with the mushrooms. Sprinkle the parmesan over the mushrooms and follow with a bit of black pepper. Return the flatbread to the middle rack of the oven and bake for another 4-5 minutes until the cheeses are melted and the edges are browned. Slice and serve immediately.
6 per flatbread (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers brand PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below) Nutrition Information: 265 calories, 12 g carbs, 3 g sugars, 11 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 24 g protein, 9 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)