This Reuben Casserole has all the flavors you love from a Reuben sandwich in a super easy one-dish bake your whole family will love. With a crispy crescent roll crust, sprinkled with caraway seeds for the flavor of rye, topped with layers of corned beef, tangy sauerkraut, a creamy homemade thousand island dressing and melted swiss cheese, this is one you’ll want to make again and again! I love how quick and simple this is to toss together, perfect for a weeknight meal! You do want to give the dressing an hour or so in the fridge before using it so that the flavors have time to meld together, so you may want to stir it together the night before, in the morning before work, or as soon as you get home. Everything else goes together really quickly – so easy! Plus a serving of this casserole is only 265 calories or 7 WW SmartPoints on the Green, Blue or Purple myWW plans.
Looking for more lightened up comfort food casseroles like this Reuben Casserole? Check out my Bubble Up BBQ Chicken and Beans Bake, Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Chickpea Bake, Meat and Potatoes Bake, Spinach and Chicken Phyllo Bake, Bubble Up Chicken Alfredo Bake, Cottage Pie, One-Pot Cincinnati Chili Spaghetti Bake, Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Potato Bake, Chili Cornbread Bake, Bubble Up Pizza Casserole, Layered Chicken Enchilada Bake, Teriyaki Chicken and Rice Casserole, Eggplant Parmesan Casserole, Bubble Up Chicken Pot Pie Casserole, Chicken Parmesan Quinoa Bake, Deep Dish Sloppy Joe Casserole and many more in the Casseroles section of my recipe index!
Yield: 8 servings
- ½ cup low fat mayonnaise (I used Hellmann’s Low Fat)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried minced onion (also called chopped onion, found in the spices section)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- 7-14 oz canned sauerkraut, drained well and patted dry with a paper towel (if you like a lot of kraut, use the whole 14 oz can, I use half)
- 1 (8 oz) can reduced fat crescent roll dough
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds, divided
- 1 lb thinly sliced deli corned beef
- 8 oz sliced 2% swiss cheese
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the mayo, ketchup, relish, dried onion, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir together until filly mixed and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour to allow the flavors to combine. Once the dressing is ready, mix with your desired amount of sauerkraut.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly mist a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Unroll the can of crescent roll dough and press the seams together. Press the dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish to cover the bottom. Sprinkle with 1 ½ teaspoons of the caraway seeds and press them into the dough a little bit. Bake for 8-10 minutes until dough is lightly golden.
- When the dough is baked, remove from the oven and evenly layer the slices of corned beef over the surface of the dough. Spread the dressing and sauerkraut mixture over the top of the corned beef and lay the slices of swiss cheese to cover the top. Sprinkle the remaining ½ teaspoon of caraway seeds over the top of the cheese and place the casserole back in the oven for another 12-15 minutes until the cheese is melted, the casserole is heated through and the bottom is golden brown. Slice into 8 pieces and serve.
MyWW SmartPoints per (1/8th of the recipe) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 7 SmartPoints/ Blue: 7 SmartPoints/ Purple: 7 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
7 per serving (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers brand PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)
Nutrition Information per serving:
265 calories, 19 g carbs, 7 g sugars, 12 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 23 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
adapted from Taste of Home