Sausage and Ricotta Pizza
There’s no need to order in or go out for pizza when you can make this delicious Sausage and Ricotta Pizza at home in about 20 minutes! Not only is this pizza spicy, meaty, cheesy, saucy and crispy (so many of my favorite things), but each slice is only 193 calories or 6 Weight Watchers SmartPoints on myWW Green, Blue and Purple. To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here! No need to blot grease off this pizza! Trust me, you won’t miss it. This pizza is bursting with the flavors of creamy ricotta, spicy sausage and seasoned sauce.
I love using pre-made crusts for my pizzas because it makes the whole recipe easy and super fast. Plus, building pizzas is fun, customizable and something the whole family can help with. Looking for more ideas to build your own pizzas? Check out my Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza, Meatball Pizza, Thai Chicken Pizza, Chicken Alfredo Pizza, Meat Lovers Pizza, Cheeseburger Pizza, Margherita Pizza, Pepperoni and Pineapple Pizza, Buffalo Chicken Pizza, Barbecue Chicken Pizza and Breakfast Pizza in the Pizza category of my recipe index!
Sausage and Ricotta Pizza
- 4 oz uncooked hot Italian poultry sausage, chicken or turkey sausage will work
- 1 Boboli 12” Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup shredded 2% Mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Place sausage in a small skillet and bring it over medium heat. Break up the meat with a wooden spoon and cook until sausage is browned.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly across the top surface of the pizza crust, leaving at least a ½ inch edge around the outside. Sprinkle the crushed red pepper flakes over the pizza sauce, followed by the shredded Mozzarella. Use a spoon to drop dollops of the ricotta around the surface of the pizza. Add the chopped basil and the cooked sausage crumbles and finish the pizza by sprinkling the Italian seasoning over top.
- Place pizza on a foil covered baking sheet, a preheated pizza stone (my preference) or straight onto the oven rack (depending on how you like your crust) and bake for 8-10 minutes.
5 per slice (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)
GIIIIRRRLLL!!!!! I know readers prefer to hear comments on how the recipe came out….but I just died and went to heaven when I saw this!!! I have all the ingredients at home and will let you know the outcome! How can it NOT be wonderful!!! Thank you!!
Haha, I like comments like this too! Definitely report back!
I made this for dinner tonight and it was delicious. I used the sweet turkey sausage instead of hot and kept the rest of the recipe the same. So good and my husband loved it too. I went ahead and made 2 pizzas to feed a family of 4. Great, easy weeknight meal that looks gourmet!
Oh my GOSH, I have been in a lazy spell lately eating out every meal. Then I discovered your page last week and decided I would make a different one of your recipe every night. They have seriously all be AMAZING! And they have been so easy that even I don’t mind getting in the kitchen after a workday. I am so excited to try this pizza recipe! What kind of pizza sauce do you use? I have been craving pizza a lot during pregnancy, so I’m excited to try this healthified one!
I’m so thrilled to hear that, Ellen! I think I usually just use my store brand pizza sauce, though I have subbed in others. I’m pretty sure I just used a generic value for canned/jarred pizza sauce to determine the nutrition info/points. I hope you love it!
OMG….was craving pizza and had this idea in my head for a turkey sausage and ricotta pizza with fresh basil. Plan was to make my turkey sausage recipe (from ground turkey) and use flatbread for the crust. Did a search and this came up, it’s EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank you, that makes it even easier! Into the oven now, I know it will be great.
So this was the first time I have bought a pre made pizza crust. I chose the thin one. This was fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved the creamy ricotta. My store was out of basil, can’t wait to make it again when it is in stock. Thanks for yet another 5 star recipe!
I mostly made this for my husband who loves sausage but I honestly was fighting him for leftovers, it was so, so good. I thought the WW crust would be dry/flavorless but it worked great as the base. Going into our weekly rotation, thank you!
This was GREAT. I added banana peppers and rubbed butter on the crust before baking. Best pizza I’ve had in a long time.