Garlic Herb Veggie Sandwich
I have partnered with Sabra to create this Garlic Herb Veggie Sandwich as part of their 2016 Tastemakers Panel. I have been compensated for my time commitment to work with their product, however my opinions are entirely my own.
If you’ve ever wondered what freshness tastes like, your answer is in a bite of this Garlic Herb Veggie Sandwich. The textures are amazing, from the soft wheat bread to the creamy hummus spread and rich avocado to the crisp crunch of the raw carrots and cucumbers to the ripe, juicy tomatoes, it’s like a party in your mouth. Not only is this Garlic Herb Veggie Sandwich a pleasure to look at (it’s so pretty), but it’s full of fresh flavors and just 220 calories or 6 Weight Watchers SmartPoints on myWW Green, Blue or Purple. Plus there’s 9 grams of fiber! Before you say it, I know avocado and tomatoes are technically fruits, but mentally I think of them as vegetables, so for the purpose of this sandwich they are veggies, capiche?
If you follow me on Instagram, you probably saw me post a few weeks ago about the new Sabra Spreads products – I’m so excited about them! These new sandwich spreads are made with hummus, are packaged in a squeeze bottle for easy use and come in three flavors: Garlic Herb, Sea Salt and Honey Mustard. I have tried and love all three flavors, but I decided to feature the Garlic Herb one in this sandwich because the garlic, basil, chive, oregano blend gave the perfect bright and fresh flavor boost my veggie sandwich needed. The Sabra Spreads are a great healthier alternative to mayonnaise and an easy way to take your sandwich from every day to gourmet! Plus all three flavors are just 35 calories or 1 Weight Watchers SmartPoints per serving.
Looking for ways to eat more hummus? Check out my recipes for Greek Snack Flats, Fiesta Hummus, Hummus Chicken Salad, Pizza Burger Sliders, Hummus Deviled Eggs, Hummus and Feta Omelet, Greek Layer Dip and more in the Hummus section of my recipe index!
Garlic Herb Veggie Sandwich
Yield: 1 sandwich
- 2 slices light wheat bread (I used Pepperidge Farm Light Style)
- 2 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 2 slices of a medium tomato
- 1 oz thinly sliced carrots (I used a vegetable peeler to make thin slices)
- 1 oz thinly sliced cucumbers
- ¼ of a ripe avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup clover or radish sprouts
- 1 tablespoon Sabra Spreads Garlic Herb spread
- On one slice of bread, layer the lettuce, tomato, carrots, cucumbers, avocado and sprouts in a stack. Squeeze a tablespoon of hummus spread onto the other slice of bread and use a knife to spread it out evenly. Place the second slice of bread, spread side down, on top of the stack of other ingredients to form a complete sandwich. Slice the sandwich in half if desired and serve.
MyWW SmartPoints per (1 sandwich) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 6 SmartPoints/ Blue: 6 SmartPoints/ Purple: 6 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
6 per sandwich (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)
Nutrition Information per sandwich:
220 calories, 30 g carbs, 5 g sugar, 9 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 8 g protein, 9 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
an Emily Bites Original