These classic Cucumber Sandwiches are a fresh, flavorful vegetarian lunch option that comes together in minutes! Traditionally, cucumber sandwiches are served as a finger food at tea time, but since I don’t break for tea too frequently I think they deserve center stage at lunch. Crunchy cucumbers between a thick layer of cream cheese with dill and lemon and sandwiched between two slices of soft bread make for a tasty, satisfying meatless meal, prefect for spring and summer. No need to heat anything, this sandwich is cool as a cucumber! It’s also a nice change of pace from your typical deli meat sandwich, so if your lunch routine has become a bit stale, the bright, fresh flavors in this sandwich is for you. Plus, the whole sandwich is just 240 calories or 8 WW (Weight Watchers) Points! To view your current WW Points for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
I wrote this recipe to make two cucumber sandwiches, but you can easily halve it, double, or triple it as needed. Having a tea party? Make a whole bunch! Just making lunch for yourself? You can halve the recipe to make one or you can make it as is and save one sandwich in the refrigerator for tomorrow. It’s easy-breezy either way!It seems like I may be on a sandwich kick this month. I posted a Caprese Sandwich, and now these Cucumber Sandwiches, and I have a few more coming down the pipeline. Stay tuned for more tasty sandwich recipes!
Looking for more lightened up sandwiches and wraps? Check out my Hot Turkey Sandwich with Gravy, Italian Sausage Bread, Thai Peanut Chicken Wraps, Cajun Turkey Club Sandwich, Chicken Bacon Apple Cheddar Wraps, Pimento Cheese Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Sweet and Spicy Grilled Chicken Sandwiches, Chicken Hummus Veggie Wraps, Open-Faced Greek Steak Sandwiches, Apple Cheddar Turkey Wraps, Garlic Herb Veggie Sandwich, Black and Blue Steak Wraps, Spicy Southwest Chicken Wraps, California Club Sandwich, and more in the Sandwiches, Wraps, and Handhelds category of my recipe index.
- 2 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices soft wheat bread, (I used Wegmans soft 100% Whole Wheat Bread)
- ½ a fresh cucumber, thinly sliced
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, yogurt, dill, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and stir together until mixed.
- Use a silicone spatula or butter knife to divide the cream cheese mixture into four equal sections. Spread a section of cream cheese mix across the surface of each slice of bread so that all four slices have cream cheese mix on one side. Lay cucumber slices over the cheesy surface of two of the slices of bread and cover with the remaining slices so that the cucumber layer has cream cheese on both sides. Cut the sandwich into quarters or “fingers (rectangles) and serve.
6 per sandwich (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below