Open-Faced Greek Steak Sandwiches
I obviously like all of the recipes I post on my site, but believe me when I tell you that you need to stop what you’re doing right now and make these Open-Faced Greek Steak Sandwiches. My taste buds are swooning and I’m just trying to share this joyous feeling with you! Crusty, toasted bread is topped with a thick, decadent layer of whipped Feta cheese, a pile of seasoned steak and finished with olives, tomatoes and cucumbers. It’s creamy, crunchy, meaty, cheesy – basically all my favorite food adjectives. These open-faced sandwiches are perfect for a casual lunch or dinner or fancy enough for guests at a brunch or luncheon. Even better, each of these flavorful Open-Faced Greek Steak Sandwiches is just 255 calories or 7 SmartPoints each on the myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans!
Looking for more tasty, lightened up sandwiches, wraps and other handhelds? Check out my Barbecue Chicken Bacon Wraps, Strawberry Avocado Toast Flats, Easy Chicken Quesadillas, Buffalo Chicken Tacos, Cheesy BLT Crostini, Apple Cheddar Turkey Wraps, Greek Chicken Tacos, Garlic Herb Veggie Sandwiches, Chicken Caesar Wraps, Black and Blue Steak Wraps, Chicken Saltimbocca Sandwiches, Ham and Cheese Twists, Spicy Southwest Chicken Wraps, Buffalo Chicken Pinwheel Wraps, Greek Snack Flats, Bacon BBQ Cheeseburger Quesadillas, Black and Blue Burgers and many more in the handhelds section of my recipe index!
Open-Faced Greek Steak Sandwiches
- 4 (1 ounce each) diagonal slices French bread, (4 oz total)
- 3 oz crumbled feta
- 1 oz whipped cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ lb raw lean trimmed flank steak, cut into thin strips
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced cucumbers
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the baguette slices on a foil-lined baking sheet and spray the tops with cooking spray. Flip the slices over and spray the other side as well. Place the baguette slices in the oven for 10-14 minutes until the edges are golden.
- Combine the feta and cream cheese in the bowl of a food processor and run the food processor for 3-5 minutes until completely smooth and set aside.
- Bring the oil to medium heat in a large skillet. Add the basil, oregano, rosemary and garlic to the hot oil and stir together. Add the steak strips and stir to coat with the oil and spices. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring and flipping occasionally, for about 5 minutes until the steak is cooked to taste.
- To build each sandwich*, take a toasted baguette slice and spread about 1 ½ tablespoons of the whipped feta across the surface. Top with 1/4th of the cooked steak (for me this was about 1.5 ounces), a chopped olive, half of a chopped cherry tomato and half a tablespoon of diced cucumbers.
- *Build each sandwich to serve! If you are only serving one at a time, you can either toast all the baguette slices at once and use them as needed for a few days (store in a sealed zip-top bag) or you can just make the toasted bread as needed. Store the whipped feta and cooked steak in separate containers in the fridge and compile the ingredients as needed!
7 per piece (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below) Nutrition Information: 255 calories, 16 g carbs, 2 g sugars, 13 g fat, 6 g saturated fat, 18 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)