Buffalo Chicken Tacos
I have partnered with Flatout to create these Buffalo Chicken Tacos. I have been compensated for my time commitment to work with their product, however my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.
Do I even need to say more than Buffalo Chicken Tacos to get you all excited about these? If you’re a true Buffalo chicken lover like I am then I doubt it! Ever since the Greek Chicken Tacos I made using Flatout Foldits a couple months ago were a hit I have been eager to try something similar with a flavor profile that’s close to my heart and my home (I am a Buffalo girl, as you may know). These tacos feature saucy Buffalo chicken and a cool blue cheese coleslaw that complement each other perfectly. Top your tacos with strips of celery and carrot for a finishing touch and you have a flavorful, healthy, easy weeknight meal that your whole family can get excited about. In addition to being a great dinner option, these Buffalo Chicken Tacos would be great to serve when you have friends or family over to watch a sporting event or for a movie night!
I am now basically obsessed with using Foldits as taco shells. They’re thicker than your average tortilla, the flavor is amazing, they get a little crispy on the outside when you heat them in a pan first, and if that’s not enough, they’re Weight Watchers and calorie-counting friendly and even have added protein! Each of these Buffalo Chicken Tacos is just 123 calories or 2 Weight Watchers SmartPoints with 12 grams of protein! I pretty much always keep these Flatout Foldits in my pantry because not only are they perfect for tacos, they make great sandwiches, snack flats, mini pizzas and even desserts!
Wondering what else to make with Flatout flatbreads? Check out my Taco Flatbreads, Greek Chicken Tacos, Easy Taco Cups, BLT Flatbreads, Apple Cheddar Turkey Wraps, Chicken Caesar Wraps, Veggie Lover’s Flatbread, Black and Blue Steak Wraps, Spicy Southwest Chicken Wraps, Peaches and Cream Dessert Flats, Three Cheese Mushroom Flatbreads, Maple Bacon Breakfast Wraps, Chicken Saltimbocca Sandwiches, Buffalo Chicken Pinwheel Wraps, Spinach Artichoke Flatbreads, Greek Snack Flats, Mexi Burgers with Guacamole, Chinese Chicken Wrap, Chicken Pesto Flatbreads and Bacon Cheeseburger Wraps!
Buffalo Chicken Tacos
Yield: 12 tacos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 lb raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons Buffalo wing sauce (this is mild, if you want more heat you can add more to taste)
- 1 ½ cups dry coleslaw mix (the undressed cabbage and carrot blend)
- 4 tablespoons light blue cheese dressing (such as Marzetti)
- 6 Flatout Foldit Artisan Flatbreads (I used the Traditional White)
- A few torn lettuce leaves
- 12 strips shredded carrots
- 12 strips celery (I just used a vegetable peeler and a piece of celery to make strips)
- In a large skillet, bring the oil over medium-high heat. Add the parsley and stir into the oil. Add the chicken to the pan and stir to coat in the oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-6 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. If the chicken has released water while cooking, drain the liquid from the pan. Add the Buffalo wing sauce to the chicken and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to low and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the sauce is mostly absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coleslaw mix and the blue cheese dressing and stir until coated. Set aside.
- Using shears or a knife, slice each Foldit in half at the seam to make two rounds. Mist a griddle pan or large skillet with cooking spray over medium heat and place the Foldit rounds on the pan. Mist the tops with cooking spray and cook for about 2 minutes. Flip the rounds and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the Foldits are warm and lightly browned. *If you’re not serving all the tacos at once, just warm as many Foldits as you’re using.*
- To build each taco, start with a warm Foldit round and top with a couple small pieces of torn lettuce. Add a heaping tablespoon of blue cheese coleslaw and top with 1 ounce of the cooked chicken. Top the chicken with a strip each of carrot and celery and serve.
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints:
2 per taco (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com), a taco was 3 SP on the previous program
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
3 per taco (P+ calculated using a Weight Watchers brand PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)
Nutrition Information per taco:
123 calories, 11 g carbs, 1 g sugars, 4 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 12 g protein, 2 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
an Emily Bites Original