Buffalo Chicken Tacos
I have partnered with Flatout to create these Buffalo Chicken Tacos. I have been compensated for my time commitment to work with their product, however my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.
Do I even need to say more than Buffalo Chicken Tacos to get you all excited about these? If you’re a true Buffalo chicken lover like I am then I doubt it! Ever since the Greek Chicken Tacos I made using Flatout Foldits a couple months ago were a hit I have been eager to try something similar with a flavor profile that’s close to my heart and my home (I am a Buffalo girl, as you may know). These tacos feature saucy Buffalo chicken and a cool blue cheese coleslaw that complement each other perfectly. Top your tacos with strips of celery and carrot for a finishing touch and you have a flavorful, healthy, easy weeknight meal that your whole family can get excited about. In addition to being a great dinner option, these Buffalo Chicken Tacos would be great to serve when you have friends or family over to watch a sporting event or for a movie night!
I am now basically obsessed with using Foldits as taco shells. They’re thicker than your average tortilla, the flavor is amazing, they get a little crispy on the outside when you heat them in a pan first, and if that’s not enough, they’re Weight Watchers and calorie-counting friendly and even have added protein! Each of these Buffalo Chicken Tacos is just 123 calories or 3 Green, 2 Blue or 2 Purple myWW SmartPoints with 12 grams of protein! To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here! I pretty much always keep these Flatout Foldits in my pantry because not only are they perfect for tacos, they make great sandwiches, snack flats, mini pizzas and even desserts!
Wondering what else to make with Flatout flatbreads? Check out my Taco Flatbreads, Greek Chicken Tacos, Easy Taco Cups, BLT Flatbreads, Apple Cheddar Turkey Wraps, Chicken Caesar Wraps, Veggie Lover’s Flatbread, Black and Blue Steak Wraps, Spicy Southwest Chicken Wraps, Peaches and Cream Dessert Flats, Three Cheese Mushroom Flatbreads, Maple Bacon Breakfast Wraps, Chicken Saltimbocca Sandwiches, Buffalo Chicken Pinwheel Wraps, Spinach Artichoke Flatbreads, Greek Snack Flats, Mexi Burgers with Guacamole, Chinese Chicken Wrap, Chicken Pesto Flatbreads and Bacon Cheeseburger Wraps!
Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 lb raw boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons Buffalo wing sauce, this is mild, if you want more heat you can add more to taste
- 1 ½ cups dry coleslaw mix, the undressed cabbage and carrot blend
- 4 tablespoons light blue cheese dressing, such as Marzetti
- 6 Flatout Foldit Artisan Flatbreads, I used the Traditional White
- A few torn lettuce leaves
- 12 strips shredded carrots
- 12 strips celery, I just used a vegetable peeler and a piece of celery to make strips
- In a large skillet, bring the oil over medium-high heat. Add the parsley and stir into the oil. Add the chicken to the pan and stir to coat in the oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-6 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. If the chicken has released water while cooking, drain the liquid from the pan. Add the Buffalo wing sauce to the chicken and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to low and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the sauce is mostly absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coleslaw mix and the blue cheese dressing and stir until coated. Set aside.
- Using shears or a knife, slice each Foldit in half at the seam to make two rounds. Mist a griddle pan or large skillet with cooking spray over medium heat and place the Foldit rounds on the pan. Mist the tops with cooking spray and cook for about 2 minutes. Flip the rounds and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the Foldits are warm and lightly browned. *If you’re not serving all the tacos at once, just warm as many Foldits as you’re using.*
- To build each taco, start with a warm Foldit round and top with a couple small pieces of torn lettuce. Add a heaping tablespoon of blue cheese coleslaw and top with 1 ounce of the cooked chicken. Top the chicken with a strip each of carrot and celery and serve.
3 per taco (P+ calculated using a Weight Watchers brand PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)
Looks good. In the picture is the flat out not cut in half at the seam? i just want to get an idea of how substantial it would be. It looks like a whole fold it is 3 sp as opposed to 1 for 1/2.
Hi Rebecca, the picture is exactly as the recipe instructs, the foldits are cut into two at the seam and each taco uses one half of the fold it. Hope that helps!
These look amazing! I could have two of these for just 6 points?? Even more amazing! I will share with my Weight Watchers group tomorrow. Question: Will any store-bought Buffalo wing sauce work? Do you have a recommendation? I worry about knocking the WW points out of kilter. Thanks for another great recipe!
Hi Mary Beth, I’m so glad you’re excited about these! I use Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing sauce. I hope you love these!
Could you do the chicken in the crockpot? What modifications would you have to make to the first step?
I have a slow cooker Buffalo chicken recipe here: http://emilybites.com/2012/07/slow-cooker-buffalo-chicken.html. You could certainly use that chicken in these tacos if you prefer!
I’m not a fan of Blue Cheese, so could light ranch work for the slaw? Would it effect the SP value?
Hi Melissa, I’m sure a ranch slaw would work just fine. I only have the points calculated for the recipe as I presented it and I’m sure it will depend on what brand you want to use, so if you want to make changes to the recipe I would suggest you consult the WW site or run your changes through the recipe builder. Enjoy!
I just joined WW and would like to use many of your recipes. Since you have already calculated the SP, do I have to enter the entire recipe in the recipe builder again to be able to enter the points in my tracker? Haven’t been able to figure this part out. Love your recipes BTW, especially the muffin meals!
Made these today. Really good!!! I will definitely put these on my frequent meal list! Wondered what would you serve as a side dish?
My daughter and I tried this recipe tonight and LOVED it! We will definitely make this again (and again!). Thank you so much. The only change we made was that we substituted iceberg lettuce and carrots in place of the coleslaw…it was fabulous and we can’t wait to try out your other recipes!