Cajun Turkey Club Sandwich
I’m always looking for easy, lighter lunch ideas, and right now I am absolutely loving this Cajun Turkey Club Sandwich! Toasted bread piled high with deli turkey, crisp lettuce, juicy tomato, smoky bacon and a spicy, creamy Cajun mayo, it’s a classic sandwich with a kick! I find the extra piece of bread often found in the middle of club sandwiches to be kind of superfluous, so I skipped it here. I promise, you’re not going to miss it! It’s weird because I’m usually not a mayonnaise fan, but when you add a bunch of seasoning to it, suddenly it’s more of an “aioli” and I like it. It doesn’t make sense, but it is what it is, and this 2-ingredient Cajun mayo is delicious. I like it spicy, but you can tone it down a bit by adding less Cajun seasoning (see ingredients for quantities). Not only is this Cajun Turkey Club Sandwich easy and flavorful, but it makes a satisfying lunch and is just 242 calories or 5 Green, 4 Blue or 4 Purple myWW SmartPoints!
Looking for more easy, tasty sandwiches, wraps and handhelds? Check out my Spicy Southwest Chicken Wraps, Chicken Hummus Veggie Wrap, Sweet and Spicy Grilled Chicken Sandwiches, Apple Cheddar Turkey Wraps, Greek Chicken Tacos, Easy Chicken Quesadillas, Teriyaki Steak Lettuce Wraps, Buffalo Chicken Braid, Open Face Greek Steak Sandwiches, Barbecue Chicken Bacon Wraps, Pepperoni and Sausage Pizzadillas, Buffalo Chicken Tacos, Garlic Herb Veggie Sandwich, Chicken Caesar Wraps, Black and Blue Steak Wraps, Ham and Cheese Twists, Bacon BBQ Cheeseburger Quesadillas, Bacon Cheeseburger Wraps and many more in the Sandwiches, Wraps and Handhelds section of my recipe index!
Cajun Turkey Club Sandwich
Yield: 1 sandwich
- 2 slices center cut bacon
- 2 slices light wheat bread (such as Pepperidge Farm Light Style or Arnold Light Multigrain)
- 1 tablespoon Hellmann’s low fat mayonnaise (this is different than Hellmann’s light)
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning (I used McCormick, this is pretty spicy, you can cut it down to ¼ teaspoon for less heat)
- 1-2 leaves lettuce (I use green leaf lettuce)
- 2-3 thin slices of tomato
- 3 oz deli sliced turkey breast (if following the Freestyle plan, choose one that is 0 SmartPoints!)
- Cook the bacon according to package instructions until crisp and then place on paper towels to drain.
- Place the bread in a toaster or toaster oven and toast to lightly golden brown.
- While the bread is toasting, stir together the mayonnaise and Cajun seasoning until fully combined. When the toast is done, spread the Cajun mayo across the surface of one slice of bread.
- Place the lettuce and tomato on the other slice of bread and top with the turkey and bacon slices. Place the bread with the Cajun mayo on top, mayo said down. Slice the sandwich in half before serving.
MyWW SmartPoints per (1 sandwich) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 5 SmartPoints/ Blue: 4 SmartPoints/ Purple: 4 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
6 per sandwich (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers brand PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)
Nutrition Information per sandwich:
242 calories, 22 g carbs, 4 g sugars, 5 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 27 g protein, 4 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
an Emily Bites Original