Roasted Beet Salad
This Roasted Beet Salad is everything to me right now. I’m addicted. I tried a salad similar to this in a restaurant and I couldn’t wait to come home and recreate it myself. Roasting the beets really brings out their natural sweetness which pairs perfectly with rich, creamy goal cheese and crunchy walnuts. I paired these flavors with a bright, fresh-tasting citrus vinaigrette and the finished product is perfection. I portioned this Roasted Beet Salad to be served as starters or side salads (perfect paired with soup or sandwich for lunch or as a side to a meaty main course for dinner), but if you want a heartier serving I doubled the portion and it made a super delicious and filling lunch. To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
A tip for peeling and chopping the beets: the purple ones can stain your fingers! I’d suggest either wearing plastic gloves or just making sure to remember to wash your hands right after handling the beets. It’s not a big deal, just something to keep in mind!
For more light and tasty salad recipes, check out my Broccoli Salad, Avocado Bacon Corn Panzanella Salad, Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad, Antipasto Salad, Harvest Apple Salad, Doritos Taco Salad, Greek Orzo Pasta Salad, Chicken Souvlaki Salad and many more in the salad section of my recipe index!
Roasted Beet Salad
- 4 medium beets, peeled and cubed
- 4 ½ teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- 6 cups Spring Mix, or other baby greens or spinach lettuce blend
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 8 teaspoons chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Place the chopped beets in a mixing bowl and drizzle with 1 ½ teaspoons of the olive oil. Stir to coat and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Spread out into a single layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Place in the oven and roast for 40 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, stir or whisk together the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, the orange juice, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper until well combined.
- To build the each salad*, toss 1 ½ cups (lightly packed) of greens in a tablespoon of the dressing and transfer onto a plate. Top with ¼ of the beets and sprinkle ½ an ounce of goat cheese and two teaspoons of walnuts over each salad.
- *Build each salad to serve! If you’re serving all the salads at once then feel free to just mix everything together and divide into four servings. If you’re only serving one or two salads, dress the ones you’re serving and store the remaining dressing in an airtight container in the fridge.
5 per serving (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)