Lemon Sesame Snow Peas
These Lemon Sesame Snow Peas are a simple healthy side dish that comes together in minutes! Perfect to complement a weeknight dinner, with bright, fresh lemon and nutty, savory sesame flavors. Snow peas are one of my favorite vegetables – I love the crisp crunch (still present when cooked this way)! I’m also all about easy side dishes and this one is as easy as they come. Plus, a big serving of these Lemon Sesame Snow Peas is just 84 calories or 2 SmartPoints on the Green, Blue and Purple myWW plans!
Looking for more tasty lightened up side dishes? Try my Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Garlic Roasted Green Beans, Loaded Cauliflower Bake, Parmesan Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Spinach and Parmesan Orzo, Cheesy Broccoli Bake, Garlic Thyme Roasted Carrots, Easy Garlic Knots, Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad, Roasted Smashed Garlic Potatoes, Sweet Potato Casserole Stacks, Cheddar Bay Pull Apart Muffins, Cheddar Broccoli Orzo, Broccoli Salad, Tomato Cobbler and many more in the Side Dishes category of my recipe index!
Lemon Sesame Snow Peas
Yield: 4 (4 ounce) servings
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb snow peas, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Bring the oil over medium-high heat in a large saute pan or skillet. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and cook, stirring, for about a minute. Add the snow peas to the pan and stir to coat with the oil. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring continuously until the snow peas are heated through but still crisp. Remove from heat add the lemon juice and soy sauce. Stir together and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with the sesame seeds and serve.
MyWW SmartPoints per (4 ounce) serving: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 2 SmartPoints/ Blue: 2 SmartPoints/ Purple: 2 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
2 per (1/4 pound) serving (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)
Nutrition Information per (1/4 pound) serving:
84 calories, 7 g carbs, 3 g sugars, 5 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 3 g protein, 2 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)