Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
This Bruschetta Chicken Pasta uses the flavors from your favorite appetizer to make a tasty, satisfying main dish! Bruschetta is traditionally served as a tomato, basil and garlic topping on a crostini, and is often served with a balsamic drizzle. This dish keeps the juicy tomatoes, fragrant garlic, fresh basil, and tangy balsamic vinegar, and adds hearty chicken and spaghetti to make it a meal! Everyone who I’ve served this Bruschetta Chicken Pasta to has raved about it, so I’m sure your family will love it too. Plus, it’s a 30-minute meal that works perfectly for weeknights. Each serving is just 319 calories or 8 Green, 6 Blue or 2 Purple myWW SmartPoints!
I listed this dish as 8 rounded 1 cup servings, because the entire recipe makes about 9 ½ cups total. To give you a better idea, each serving is not quite 1 ¼ cups, but over 1 cup.
Looking for more flavorful, lightened up pasta recipes like this Bruschetta Chicken Pasta? Check out the pasta section of my recipe index for favorites like One-Pot Barbecue Chicken Mac and Cheese, Chicken Pot Pasta, Pasta with Chickpeas, Butternut Squash Pasta with Bacon, Beef Enchilada Pasta Skillet, Turkey Sloppy Joe Pasta, Italian Wedding Pasta Skillet, Pizza Lasagna Roll-Ups, Sausage Ricotta Pasta, Lemon Chicken Orzo, Chicken Pesto Parmesan Pasta Skillet, Beef Stroganoff, Beefy American Goulash, Slow Cooker Kickin’ Chicken Pasta, Beef and Sausage Manicotti, Pumpkin Alfredo Tortellini Skillet, Spinach and Artichoke Lasagna Roll Ups, Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Bake, Tomato Soup Mac & Cheese, Spaghetti Pie, Sausage Tortellini Skillet, Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Roll Ups, Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Shells, Spicy Sausage Pasta and many more!
Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 12 oz dry spaghetti, use whole wheat spaghetti if following the myWW Purple plan
- 1 ½ lbs raw boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 ½ oz parmesan cheese, freshly finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze, I use Wegmans brand, but tons of brands make store-bought balsamic glaze
- Combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, vinegar, ¼ teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper in a mixing bowl and stir together to create a bruschetta mix. Place in the refrigerator until needed.
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot according to package instructions. Drain and return the pasta to the pot (removed from heat).
- While the pasta is cooking, sprinkle the chopped chicken breasts with the Italian seasoning, the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and toss to coat. Drizzle a tablespoon of the olive oil into a large pan and bring to med-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook, stirring/flipping occasionally until the chicken pieces are cooked through. Remove the chicken to a side plate and cover to keep warm. When the pasta is finished cooking and returned to the pot you can add the chicken to the pasta.
- Once you remove the chicken, drizzle the remaining tablespoon of olive oil into the pan and bring to medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the bruschetta mix with the juices from step one to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes until the garlic is fragrant, the tomatoes are softened and the mixture is heated through. Transfer the bruschetta mix to the pot with the pasta and chicken and toss all the ingredients together. Add the finely shredded Parmesan cheese and toss again. Drizzle the balsamic glaze over the top of the dish and serve.
8 per (1 rounded cup) serving (PP calculated using a WW PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below) Nutrition Information per (1 rounded cup) serving:
319 calories, 35 g carbs, 4 g sugars, 8 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 27 g protein, 2 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com) adapted from Cafe Delites