Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
This Bruschetta Chicken Pasta uses the flavors from your favorite appetizer to make a tasty, satisfying main dish! Bruschetta is traditionally served as a tomato, basil and garlic topping on a crostini, and is often served with a balsamic drizzle. This dish keeps the juicy tomatoes, fragrant garlic, fresh basil, and tangy balsamic vinegar, and adds hearty chicken and spaghetti to make it a meal! Everyone who I’ve served this Bruschetta Chicken Pasta to has raved about it, so I’m sure your family will love it too. Plus, it’s a 30-minute meal that works perfectly for weeknights. Each serving is just 319 calories or 8 Green, 6 Blue or 2 Purple myWW SmartPoints! To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
I listed this dish as 8 rounded 1 cup servings, because the entire recipe makes about 9 ½ cups total. To give you a better idea, each serving is not quite 1 ¼ cups, but over 1 cup.
Looking for more flavorful, lightened up pasta recipes like this Bruschetta Chicken Pasta? Check out the pasta section of my recipe index for favorites like One-Pot Barbecue Chicken Mac and Cheese, Chicken Pot Pasta, Pasta with Chickpeas, Butternut Squash Pasta with Bacon, Beef Enchilada Pasta Skillet, Turkey Sloppy Joe Pasta, Italian Wedding Pasta Skillet, Pizza Lasagna Roll-Ups, Sausage Ricotta Pasta, Lemon Chicken Orzo, Chicken Pesto Parmesan Pasta Skillet, Beef Stroganoff, Beefy American Goulash, Slow Cooker Kickin’ Chicken Pasta, Beef and Sausage Manicotti, Pumpkin Alfredo Tortellini Skillet, Spinach and Artichoke Lasagna Roll Ups, Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Bake, Tomato Soup Mac & Cheese, Spaghetti Pie, Sausage Tortellini Skillet, Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Roll Ups, Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Shells, Spicy Sausage Pasta and many more!
Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 12 oz dry spaghetti, use whole wheat spaghetti if following the myWW Purple plan
- 1 ½ lbs raw boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 ½ oz parmesan cheese, freshly finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze, I use Wegmans brand, but tons of brands make store-bought balsamic glaze
- Combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, vinegar, ¼ teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper in a mixing bowl and stir together to create a bruschetta mix. Place in the refrigerator until needed.
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot according to package instructions. Drain and return the pasta to the pot (removed from heat).
- While the pasta is cooking, sprinkle the chopped chicken breasts with the Italian seasoning, the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and toss to coat. Drizzle a tablespoon of the olive oil into a large pan and bring to med-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook, stirring/flipping occasionally until the chicken pieces are cooked through. Remove the chicken to a side plate and cover to keep warm. When the pasta is finished cooking and returned to the pot you can add the chicken to the pasta.
- Once you remove the chicken, drizzle the remaining tablespoon of olive oil into the pan and bring to medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the bruschetta mix with the juices from step one to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes until the garlic is fragrant, the tomatoes are softened and the mixture is heated through. Transfer the bruschetta mix to the pot with the pasta and chicken and toss all the ingredients together. Add the finely shredded Parmesan cheese and toss again. Drizzle the balsamic glaze over the top of the dish and serve.
319 calories, 35 g carbs, 4 g sugars, 8 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 27 g protein, 2 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com) MyWW SmartPoints per (1 rounded cup) serving:(SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com) Green: 8 SmartPoints/ Blue: 6 SmartPoints/ Purple: 2 SmartPoints (if using wheat pasta, if not then use Blue points) Weight Watchers Points Plus:
8 per (1 rounded cup) serving (PP calculated using a WW PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below) adapted from Cafe Delites
Where does the balsamic VINEGAR go in?
It’s part of the bruschetta mixture in step one!
is balsamic glaze the same as balsamic dressing?
Nope! Glaze is thicker and more concentrated
thank you for the quick response…now need to find where in my grocery store they put it!
Where do you find the glaze at in the store?
I found it in the same aisle with the vinegar and salad dressings. They come in smaller bottles.
This is the first recipe I’ve made from your site. I just joined WW so I’ve been searching for some low point dinners. I came across your site and this was the first recipe that came up. Therefore, the first recipe I tried! Oh my word, it was DELICIOUS!! I used your exact ingredients but converted the recipe to make it in my Instant Pot. The recipe was so simple to follow. It’s probbaly the BEST thing I’ve made in my IP. and only 6 points, whaaat?!
My husband says i really out did myself with this meal. (And he doesn’t even like tomatoes.) So thank you, thank you, thank you! We will definitely be making more recipes from your site! 🙂
How long did you do this in the instant pot? I love using mine but haven’t done much pasta in it!
Megan, I sauteed the chicken in the Instant Pot on the saute setting until it was pretty much cooked through. Removed the chicken and de-glazed the pot. Added my noodles and chicken broth to cover the noddles. Place chicken back in on top of the noodles.
When doing noodles in the IP, I always half the time recommended on the box and add 1 minute. So if the box reads ” boil for 8-9 minutes” I will cook on high for 5 minutes ( 8 / 2 + 1) and use a natural pressure release for the same time (5 mins) and then a quick release. Then I added the bruschetta in afterwards and stirred everything together. I hope that helps!
I made this last night & loved it!!! I had it reheated tonight & it was just as good. Definitely a keeper.
Delicious!! It was filling and the flavor was perfect.
Made this last night, OMG so good! We’re having leftovers for lunch today. Thank you for sharing!! We’ll definitely be keeping this one on our list
I’m so happy you loved this!
This was great. Enjoyed by picky family as well.
Do you cut tomatoes in half ?
Could you please tell me if I should cut tomatoes in half?
The ingredients say “1 pint cherry tomatoes, chopped.” we chopped ours into quarters but you could do halves.
You can chop them in half if you like. I believe I cut mine smaller than that.
Can you freeze this?
Has anyone used canned diced tomatoes drained? Its not tomato season anymore and I’m craving this
Hi Emily! I’m making tonight and I went to add and it calculates 8 points for me and I’m in the blue plan…can something be off?
Sorry, maybe I’m confused! What’s the difference between the blue plan and WW points plus?
They are completely different plans :). PointsPlus is an older plan that is not part of the current WW model.
Ok to use different pasta – as in penne – (my daughter hates the long spaghetti ) ?
Does anyone know if this is good to be frozen?? Thank you