Turkey Sloppy Joe Pasta
This one-pot Turkey Sloppy Joe Pasta is simple to make, super satisfying and full of flavor. I love that it all comes together in one pot (who wants to do tons of dishes?) and it makes a lot – perfect for leftovers! Since my Beefy American Goulash is one of my most popular recipes, I used the process for that as a starting point and added the sloppy joe flavors and seasonings from my Deep Dish Sloppy Joe Casserole. It’s a recipe mashup that was meant to be! This Turkey Sloppy Joe Pasta is also full of hidden veggies like carrots, onions and mushrooms, so it’s a great way to sneak in some healthy vegetables to skeptical kiddos in a way they’re sure to love.
This recipe makes big, hearty servings and it’s hard to believe they’re just 359 calories or 5 WW Points each! To view your current WW Points for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here! The whole pot of Turkey Sloppy Joe Pasta makes about 15 cups total, so each filling serving is just under 2 cups. That’s a whole lot of satisfying comfort food!
Looking for more lightened up comfort food pasta dishes? Check out the pasta section of my recipe index for favorites like Chicken Pot Pasta, Beefy American Goulash, Beef Stroganoff, One-Pot Cincinnati Chili Spaghetti Bake, Sausage Ricotta Pasta, Lemon Chicken Orzo, Italian Wedding Pasta Skillet, Slow Cooker Kickin’ Chicken Pasta, Beef and Sausage Manicotti, Pumpkin Alfredo Tortellini Skillet, Spinach and Artichoke Lasagna Roll Ups, Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Bake, Tomato Soup Mac & Cheese, Spaghetti Pie, Sausage Tortellini Skillet, Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Roll Ups, Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Shells, Spicy Sausage Pasta and many more!
Turkey Sloppy Joe Pasta
- 2 lbs raw 99% lean ground turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 2 medium carrots, minced (I recommend using a food processor or food chopper)
- 8 oz white mushrooms, minced (I recommend using a food processor or food chopper)
- 2 medium yellow onions, minced (I recommend using a food processor or food chopper)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups water
- 2 (15 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 oz uncooked pasta shells, use whole wheat pasta if following the WW Purple plan
- Lightly mist a large dutch oven or soup pot with cooking spray and bring over medium heat. Place the ground turkey in the pot and cook, breaking up with a spoon or spatula. Add the Montreal Steak seasoning and stir in. Cook until the turkey is cooked through and in small pieces.
- Add the carrots, mushrooms, onions, garlic, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce and stir together. Continue to cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally or until vegetables are softened. Add the water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar and cayenne pepper and stir together. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Cover the pot and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the pasta and stir until well combined. Re-cover the pot and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the pasta is cooked through. Remove from heat, stir and allow to sit for 15 minutes uncovered before serving.
9 per (scant 2 cups) serving (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com) Inspired by my Beefy American Goulash, the sloppy joe flavoring is adapted from Skinnytaste