Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken
If you’re looking for a super easy comfort food meal, this 5-ingredient Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken is for you! It’s always nice to have a few recipes in your arsenal that require only a few ingredients and almost no prep time for a busy day. For this one you just layer a few easy-to-find ingredients in your slow cooker and turn it on. Then you shred the chicken and mix in one more ingredient at the end. That’s it! In addition to being simple to toss in the crock-pot, this dish is also incredibly versatile. It tastes great on its own with some sides or served over pasta, mashed potatoes, rice, or vegetables. The Italian dressing seasoning gives great flavor and the cream of chicken soup, cream cheese, and Greek yogurt make this dish rich and creamy. Each 2/3 cup serving of this Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken is just 224 calories or 4 WW Points. To view your current WW Points for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
If you’re wondering “what’s Italian about this?” I’ll be honest…same. I have seen different variations of this recipe all over the internet before deciding to post my own lightened up version, and it’s always called Creamy Italian Chicken. I assume that’s because it uses Italian dressing seasoning, but I’m pretty sure cream of chicken soup isn’t authentically Italian (lol). I’m just using the recognizable name for this dish, so Italians, don’t yell at me!
What should I serve this with?
This Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken pairs well with plenty of different side dishes or bases. It’s great on its own alongside a salad, green beans, or some roasted vegetables. It’s also great served over top of mashed potatoes, rice, or pasta. You can also easily make it a low carb meal by putting it over cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles!
I made the serving size 2/3 cup because that was a very filling serving for me served over top of a carb or other base. If you’re going to serve it on its own with veggies on the side and you want a heartier serving you can do four servings of 1 cup each instead of six servings of 2/3 cup.
More lightened up slow cooker recipes:
Looking for more easy, tasty, lightened up slow cooker recipes like this Creamy Italian Chicken? Check out my Slow Cooker Apple Bacon BBQ Pulled Pork, Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing, Slow Cooker Beef Stew, Slow Cooker Loaded Potato and Cauliflower Soup, Slow Cooker Meatloaf, Slow Cooker Kickin’ Chicken Pasta, Slow Cooker Beef and Barley Soup, Slow Cooker Applesauce, Slow Cooker Meatballs and Marinara, and many more in the Slow Cooker section of my recipe index!
Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken
- 24 oz raw trimmed boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 0.7 oz packet of Italian dressing seasoning mix, (I use Good Seasons Italian, found by the salad dressing)
- 10 ½ oz can Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup, unprepared
- 4 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons water
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt, (I use Fage 0%)
- Place the chicken breasts in a single layer at the bottom of your slow cooker. Sprinkle the Italian dressing seasoning over the top of the chicken breasts. Spread the cream of chicken soup over the top and then dot with the cubes of cream cheese. Add the water and cover. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Remove the chicken breasts to a cutting board and shred with two forks (the chicken should come apart very easily). Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker and add the Greek yogurt. Stir everything together and cover again. Cook for another 10-15 minutes* to warm and serve.*If the mixture is thicker than you prefer you can add abit more water before warming to thin it out.
5 per (2/3 cup) serving (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below) Adapted from Life in the Lofthouse, Taste of Home, and I Heart Naptime