Chicken Cordon Bleu
Chicken Cordon Bleu may sound a little fancy, but it’s actually really simple to make. You just pound out chicken breasts, roll them up with ham and Swiss cheese and then give them a crunchy bread crumb coating before baking. Easy, right? I decided to change it up a little bit and use corn flake crumbs because I think the flavor goes really well with ham and cheese. I also sometimes eat this with a little mustard on the side for dipping – it pairs really well! This Chicken Cordon Bleu is perfect served with roasted vegetables, sautéed green beans or salad. Each piece of chicken is large and filling and just 369 calories or 8 Green, 5 Blue or 5 Purple Weight Watchers SmartPoints!
Looking for more ways to jazz up your chicken breasts? Try my Pimento Cheese Stuffed Chicken, Cream Cheese Stuffed Everything Chicken, Antipasto Chicken Roulades, Cheddar Ranch Chicken Tenders, Cheesy Bacon BBQ Chicken, Pesto Chicken Roulades, Lemon Pepper Iced Tea Chicken, Cheesy Chicken and Stuffing, Pizza Chicken Roulades, Thai Chicken Skewers, Chicken Piccata, Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken and many, many more in the chicken section of my recipe index!
Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 4 (6 oz each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz thinly sliced deli ham
- 3 oz thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- 6 tablespoons corn flake crumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- *You will also need a few toothpicks to seal the stuffed breasts
- Pre-heat the oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and set aside.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board. Using a meat mallet, pound the breasts to a ¼ inch thickness. Lay one ounce of ham across the surface of each breast and top with ¾ ounce of Swiss cheese. Starting with a short side, roll each breast up and seal the edges shut using a few toothpicks.
- Place the rolled and sealed breasts in a Ziploc bag and add the flour (you may want to do this in two separate batches). Lightly flip the bag around until chicken is coated. Place the beaten egg whites in a shallow dish. In a second shallow dish, mix the bread crumbs, salt, pepper, parsley, onion powder and cayenne until well combined. Remove each rolled breast from the flour bag and dip it in the egg whites, turning to coat. Then move the coated breast to the breadcrumb dish and coat it with crumbs on all sides. Place the completed rolls seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. Lightly mist the tops of the breaded breasts with olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Don’t forget to remove the toothpicks before serving!
9 per serving (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below) Nutrition Information: 369 calories, 12 g carbs, 2 g sugars, 11 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 52 g protein, 0 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)