Peppermint Cheesecake Cups
These Peppermint Cheesecake Cups are a perfect festive, lightened up dessert for the holidays. These creamy cheesecakes have a chocolate cookie crust and are lightened up with Greek yogurt, flavored with a bit of peppermint extract and finished with a sprinkling of crushed candy canes. You’re going to love how easy these are to make and how quickly they come together. Plus they’re just 116 calories or 5 Weight Watchers SmartPoints each! These Peppermint Cheesecake Cups are perfect for any Christmas party, work potluck or family gathering throughout the holiday season.
If you want to see more perfectly portioned sweet treats, check out my dessert category for favorites like Chocolate Chip Cannoli Cups, Key Lime Cheesecake Cups, Mixed Berry Mini Tarts, Carrot Cake Cupcakes, Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries, Dark Chocolate Orange Cupcakes, Mini Cinnamon Apple Tarts, Berries & Cream Cinnamon Dessert Cups and more!
Peppermint Cheesecake Cups
Yield: 12 cheesecake cups
- 12 Famous Chocolate Wafers
- 8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 5.3 oz container of fat free vanilla Greek yogurt (I used Dannon Light & Fit)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 – 1/3 teaspoon peppermint extract (or to taste)
- 3 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 12 tablespoons nonfat whipped topping (like Reddi Wip)
- 3 mini candy canes, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 375. Place cupcake liners into 12 cups of a standard sized muffin/cupcake tin and place a chocolate wafer in each liner (don’t worry if they don’t fit perfectly, just try to make them lay flat).
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, yogurt, 1/3 cup of sugar, egg, extract and food coloring and mix together using an electric mixer until smooth and well combined. Spoon the mixture evenly on top of the wafers into the prepared liners and spread flat with a spatula or the back or a spoon.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes and remove from oven to cool. Once the cheesecake cups have cooled to room temperature, transfer the cheesecake cups to the refrigerator and chill for at least one hour. Before serving, top each cheesecake cup with a tablespoon of whipped topping and a sprinkling of crushed candy cane pieces.
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints:
5 per cheesecake cup (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
3 per cheesecake cup (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)
Nutrition Information per cheesecake cup:
116 calories, 14 g carbs, 11 g sugars, 5 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 3 g protein, 0 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
an Emily Bites Original