These Cannoli Crepes with Strawberries are a sweet and decadent breakfast or dessert that feels special while being deceptively easy! A few weeks ago my husband and I were traveling and decided to have breakfast at the iHop near out hotel. A sign on the table was advertising cannoli crepes with berry topping, and while I didn’t order it, I couldn’t wait to recreate a lighter version at home! These light and tasty crepes are filled with creamy, sweetened ricotta filling that’s loaded with chocolate chips, and topped with fresh, juicy strawberries. Both the crepes and the filling come together quickly, and it’s easy to store the leftovers separately and eat them over a few days time. Whether you decide to have them for breakfast or save them for dessert, these Cannoli Crepes taste indulgent, though each one is just 104 calories or 3 WW SmartPoints on Green, Blue or Purple!
Looking for more tasty lightened up breakfast recipes like my Cannoli Crepes? Check out my Banana Blueberry Muffins, Sausage and Pepper Egg Bake, Strawberry Almond Cream Pancakes, Ultimate Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole, Apple Cinnamon Pancakes, Triple Berry Yogurt Bowl, Banana Bread, Sausage Apple Cheddar Frittata, Berry French Toast Muffins, Ham and Cheese Egg Cups, Orange Cranberry Baked Oatmeal Singles, Apple Streusel French Toast Muffins, Ham and Cheese Hash Brown Quiche, Pumpkin Chocolate Baked Oatmeal Singles, and many more in the Breakfast section of my recipe index!
Yield: 10 crepes
- 1 cup fat free ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup skim milk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped or cut fresh strawberries
- To make the cannoli filling, combine the ricotta, powdered sugar, mini chocolate chips, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a bowl and stir until well combined. Place in the fridge until ready to use. If you make this the night before the chocolate chips will soften up a bit which is nice but not necessary!
- To make the crepe batter, whisk together the egg, milk, flour, oil and salt in a separate mixing bowl until fully combined.
- Lightly mist an 8-inch skillet with cooking spray and bring it over medium-low heat. Pour 1/8 cup (2 tablespoons) of the batter into the skillet and lift and tilt the skillet to allow the batter to coat the bottom in a thin layer. Cook for about a minute until the underside is golden. Flip the crepe and cook for another 15-30 seconds and then transfer to a wire rack. After the first couple crepes you’ll probably want to start doing 20-30 seconds on the first side as well, as the skillet will be hotter and the crepes will cook faster. Adjust accordingly to make the undersides golden. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 10 crepes.
- To serve the crepes, spread two tablespoons of the cannoli filling across half of the surface of each crepe and fold the other side over top of the filling. Repeat with the remaining crepes you plain to serve/consume (do not fill any crepes you’ll be storing as leftovers, just store the crepes, cannoli filling and berries separately in the fridge and assemble as needed). Top the filled crepes with fresh strawberries and serve.
MYWW SMARTPOINTS PER Filled Crepe: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 3 SmartPoints/ Blue: 3 SmartPoints/ Purple: 3 SmartPoints
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
3 per filled crepe (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Nutrition Information per filled crepe:
104 calories, 14 g carbs, 7 g sugars, 3 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 4 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
an Emily Bites Original